Photo

New bc pill - Natazia

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Meitra

Meitra
  • 249 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:57 PM

Is anyone on this?  My doctor just prescribed it to me and I'm a little worried b/c it's so new that I can't find anyone who's ever taken it yet.

Moon Dance Cliffs ---- Negril, Jamaica ---- December 4, 2010

#2 JanineA

JanineA
    • 2,482 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 12:16 PM

I've heard of it but don't know anyone on it. This pill was only approved by the FDA in May or June of this year and because of the huge lawsuits over Yaz I think maybe some doctors are being a little hesitant with the new pills and just perhaps sticking to the older ones. I only know about it because I saw an ad and asked the nurse practitioner about it and my doctor said if you are looking for birth control I would rather put you on one that has been around a bit longer so that the studies and affects are already known. I'm sure you'll start hearing more and more about it soon once marketing gets under way. It literally only was approved this summer. Do you like it so far? Also there seems to be a bit of controversy over its approval because when I googled it online the reports show that 1876 studies were conducted and only two proved successful of women using this bc. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users