Photography options at Moon Palace

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 Michele4172011

Michele4172011
  • 194 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:20 AM

Hi Ladies,

I'm in the process of booking a great photographer Chris Schmidt Photography and am looking to share the costs. Great deals for BDW brides, airfare included and the option for a discounted trash the dress. Please let me know if you are interested. The more brides, the more money we all save!!

Thanks,

Michele

#22 Jasmin Rose

Jasmin Rose
    • 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:49 PM

To AngelLov321, are you saying that's what you did (past tense) with no problem? If so, what photog did you use. Do you have any photos to share?
      I'm also in a quandary about the photo arrangements that they have. I'm not particularly keen on the portrait style.

#23 CinematicWedVid

CinematicWedVid
      • Vendor
      • 7 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:23 PM

Congratulations on deciding to get married in the Riviera Maya is an unforgettable experience

#24 CinematicWedVid

CinematicWedVid
        • Vendor
        • 7 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:24 PM

Congratulations on deciding to get married in Cancun, is an unforgettable experience.

#25 kiwimel

kiwimel
          • 79 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:09 AM

Hi ya,

Just thought I would chime in here as I have bene working with the team at La Luna and I have to say - the service just doesnt get any better then them.  It is the best I have ever had!  They are effecient and friendly whilst still remaining completely professional.  They definitely ARE allowed to shoot on Moon Palace grounds because when I moaned about it to Matt Adcock (Owner/Operator)  he was straight away on to the big head honcho and had the situation rectified immediately.  I even had an email in response confirming it from the lady herslef.

You do have to get a pass but dinner and a beer is the least I feel I can do for these people.  They have been fantastic and if the photos for us turn out as great as the service has already been - then we are in for some photos to last forever!

Mel

#26 shan0487

shan0487
            • 1,393 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
            • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:09 PM

I like your plan...just not telling them.  They can't refuse them if they are "guests" to your wedding.

Originally Posted by angelov321 

In my opinion, I wouldnt even tell the resort about bringing in an outside photographer. When I first started planning I asked Aventura Spa if I could bring an outside photog and they said to refer to my contract because it has a "no outside vendor policy". I left the issue go and after being on this forum I decided to just hire an outside vendor anyway. I simply just purchased a day pass for them and there was absolutely no issue with them being there. GL!

#27 MissMarie

MissMarie
            • 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:13 PM

I am getting married at Moon Palace this summer, does anyone have any recomendations of who of their photographers are the best?

#28 kimbos

kimbos
              • 150 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:31 AM

Good idea about not telling them about the outside photographer and just acting like they are your guest. I am going to go with this plan as well.

#29 krsmith

krsmith
                • 528 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:58 PM

I spent A TON of time searching the photogs that were in the area...I even entertained the idea of bringing someone from my hometown. But when I looked at the cost of flying a photog down and paying for their stay AND for the photography itself, I figured I could take that and put it into AWARD WINNING photography! 

I decided to use Rachel with La Luna for our wedding day photography, and Matt/Sol from Del Sol for a Beach (possibly Cenote) TTD. You should definitely check them out. Like a couple other ladies pointed out, Matt has somewhat of a relationship with MP, which will really help you bring an outside vendor in! I can't tell you how EXCITED I am to have these amazing people shoot one of the best days of my life, and to know I won't have to stress about bringing them onsite.

Check out these slide shows of weddings at Moon Palace that Del Sol shot! 

I am getting married at Moon Palace this summer, does anyone have any recomendations of who of their photographers are the best?

#30 SummerDawn

SummerDawn
                  • 324 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 07:06 AM

This is so great to look at! Thanks krsmith!!

Originally Posted by krsmith 

I spent A TON of time searching the photogs that were in the area...I even entertained the idea of bringing someone from my hometown. But when I looked at the cost of flying a photog down and paying for their stay AND for the photography itself, I figured I could take that and put it into AWARD WINNING photography! 

I decided to use Rachel with La Luna for our wedding day photography, and Matt/Sol from Del Sol for a Beach (possibly Cenote) TTD. You should definitely check them out. Like a couple other ladies pointed out, Matt has somewhat of a relationship with MP, which will really help you bring an outside vendor in! I can't tell you how EXCITED I am to have these amazing people shoot one of the best days of my life, and to know I won't have to stress about bringing them onsite.

Check out these slide shows of weddings at Moon Palace that Del Sol shot! 

http://www.delsolpho...ings/emily&dom/

http://www.mattadcoc...gs/gynnie&jude/

http://delsolphotogr...leries/?gal=149

http://delsolphotogr...lleries/?gal=55

http://delsolphotogr...leries/?gal=115

http://delsolphotogr...leries/?gal=116

La Luna is the sister company and also has amazing photogs! They are fairly new, so as far as I know they don't have any slide shows up of MP weddings, but still check out their pictures!

http://www.lalunaphotography.com

Good luck ladies! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users