Photo

AtteGirl’s LONG Planning Thread, Maui HI ***PIC HEAVY***

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 AtteGirl

AtteGirl
  • 197 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:55 AM

First a HUGE thanks to Tammy and the ladies of this forum! Couldn't have done half the things I did without all your great ideas and help!

I leave for Maui in 8 days! And to throw a few more things in the chaotic mix, we have Halloween coming, and our son's 1st Birthday right before we leave. Luckily almost everything is done besides packing and finishing the favors!

Enjoy!

How we met

Matt started working for my dad in 1999. I would visit the shop (where they worked) periodically but I don’t think we spoke one word to each other until 2002 when I worked at the shop for one summer when I was home from college. Pretty much after that summer we were inseparable! We will have been together 7 ½ years when we marry!

Engagement

kapalua-bay-small.jpg

Fianc©â€™s Band

My fianc© is a Fabricator by trade and he refused to pay for something he could simply make himself. I was shocked when I saw the result. He said he took 3 pieces of stainless steal, welded them together, then grinded and sanded until it was pretty! He can’t wear any kind of jewelry as a safety precaution at work, so he’ll rarely be wearing the ring anyways. But for free, and an hour of his time, it turned out great I think!

Sorry the picture lighting is horrible and blurry, but you get the idea.

Rings.jpg

My Rings

I’ve had a nightmare of a time with my engagement ring! I’m so over pave diamonds! I love the way they look but I’ve learned they shouldn’t be worn daily. I had to send back my ring last summer because 2 pave’s fell out, and just last week another one fell out! My wedding is in 10 days and my ring looks like crap now! We’ve decided after the Holidays this year we’ll shop around for a whole new wedding set.

Here’s my original setbridal set.jpg

But I think I want this ring as my substitute until I get a new one :)

ring.jpg

More to come...

#2 Brandy

Brandy
    • 2,628 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:00 PM

Cant wait to see more, thats so amazing that your FI made his own ring, I think it looks fantastic looks exactly like one you would get in the store!

#3 AtteGirl

AtteGirl
      • 197 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:01 PM

All Things Paper

Here’s my semi DIY Save the Dates, invitations and Bridesmaid’s card. And the post about them: Save the date postcard.jpg

Wedding invite.jpg

Invitations from Michael’s 

Bridesmaid Card.jpg

Pre-travel brochures & luggage tags

Pretravel stuff.jpg

Pre-travel brochure outside.jpg

Pre-travel Brochure inside.jpg

More coming...

#4 AtteGirl

AtteGirl
        • 197 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:13 PM

Welcome Brochure

Welcome Brochure.png

My Dress

My dress is from Alfred Angelo. I kept trying on really light, flowy dresses and they all looked horrible on me. I figured that’s what I needed for the beach. Then I changed my direction and I’m so glad I did! I’m very happy with my dress and I didn’t’ even need to get anything altered, it fit perfectly! If you’re hippy like me ladies, try on a drop waist dress, its super flattering!

8519dbc4-620b-4395-b6b1-229eb80c5007_enlargedFrontDetail.jpg8519dbc4-620b-4395-b6b1-229eb80c5007_enlargedNormal.jpg8519dbc4-620b-4395-b6b1-229eb80c5007_enlargedBackDetail.jpg

Accessories

My sandals are from Guess, got them on clearance at Off Broadway Shoes. I’ll be wearing a mix of new, old and borrowed jewelry. My something blue is the necklace my FI bought me on our first cruise together; it has blue sapphires down the middle. And I’ll wear either the fake or a real flower in my hair like the picture below. The earrings and wide bracelet are from Macy’s, flower from Claire’s.

Jewelry.jpg

008.jpg

FI’s suit/dress shirt & sandals

FI’s suit is from Banana Republic, shirt from Marshall’s and sandals from Macy’s, but with NO tie. The sandals were a steal at only $7.00 end of summer clearance sale! 

Matt's suit.jpg

more coming...

#5 AtteGirl

AtteGirl
          • 197 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:18 PM

Hair & Makeup

Here are my Hair and Make-up inspiration pics 

Hair & Makeup.jpg

Flowers

Here’s my bouquet inspiration picture. Also the groom will be wearing a Maile Lei, and I’m getting green or white orchid lei’s for all of the guests.

4.jpg

standard_lei_fw_275.jpgmaile.gif

more....

#6 AtteGirl

AtteGirl
            • 197 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:25 PM

Bridesmaid/Parents gifts

I got my girls an assortment of things: reusable bag, monogrammed wine glass, notebook, sandals, wine from Maui, tropical lotions and soaps from Bath & Body Works, and chapstick. I also made each a Good Karma bracelet.

ohshit kit.jpg

For the parents gifts I made a card, and in the inside we gave them options to choose their gift. The options are things like a night away to a destination of their choice (we live in Northern CA, so the options are endless – Napa, San Fran, Monterey, Lake Tahoe etc) and then some other options are concert tickets, a night out in Maui, or a day trip to Safari West. And then I’ll probably make them a wedding album from Shutterfly.

Ring Bearer

Our ring bearer is our son, who will be turning 1 year old the day before we depart for Maui! The shirt is from Kohls, matches the colors perfectly, I was so excited to find it. And the shorts are from Gap Baby, sandals from Old Navy. I made one of the dishes below with our initials in-place of a pillow, but I’m not going to bring it since he won’t be able to walk in the sand yet since this walking thing is a new skill!

OTT.jpg

il_fullxfull_146533345.jpg

Guestbook

For our guestbook I’m going to include a bunch of the vintage Hawaiian postcards pre-addressed to us in the OOT bags for them to mail home to us while in Maui. And I’m hoping to find a Hawaiian photo album to put them all in to display. I also got a matching notebook that I’ll have at my Bridal Shower and at the reception dinner to sign. Here’s the book and the insert I put in it.

matts ring.jpg

guest book insert.jpg

Post cards for OOT.jpg

more...

#7 AtteGirl

AtteGirl
              • 197 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:36 PM

And here are some of the postcards from PC3.jpg

PC2.jpg

Favors

The leis at the ceremony are one favor. Then at each table setting there will be 3 lottery tickets and a 2010 penny for everyone in an envelope. The sand dollar shells are from OTC. 

Favor front.jpg

Favor back.jpg

Favor stickers.jpg

OOT bags

I got an awesome deal on the bags, CVS was having an end of summer clearance sale and got the bags for 75% off, they are great quality and big!

Contents of the bag: The postcards for guest book, photo share cards from Vistaprint and photo scavenger hunt card, welcome letter, maps, and day of timeline. Beer can cozy from OTC, 50 for $15, Do not disturb door sign, personalized chapstick with SPF, Tide sticks, Wisp tooth brush things, sunscreen and aloe vera if I can find it cheap on the island. And when I get there I’ll buy some Maui onion chips and chocolate covered macadamias, and water to include in the bag. I also have some goody bags for the kids that include pool toys, coloring books, bubbles etc. 

OTT bag.jpg

Oh shit kit 1.jpg

Oh shit kit 2.jpg

DND Door Tag.jpg

Picture share.jpg

I think that's it! Now time for paradise and to become a Mrs!

#8 Donie Jordan

Donie Jordan
                • 381 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:41 PM

Everything looks wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing...and CONGRATS!!

#9 skadow

skadow
                  • Banned
                  • 1,853 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:43 PM

WOW you really nailed everything. This is one of my fav's. I think i am going to try to find those earings at Macys. Thank you so much for sharing. I LOVE your STD's did you do those?

Your dress is killer btw. I tried on one just like that at Davids Bridal, and looked like sh*t in it lol.

Also! I have identical shoes as your from Guess for my Reception.

Ha! Kick ass thread =)

#10 Nicyx

Nicyx
                    • 2,914 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:43 PM

Everything looks wonderful :-) You FI is fab for doing his own ring, I never would have guessed if you had'nt have said... its great, I Love your dress :-) Its beautiful x

You have so much paid so much attention to detail..

I love the ring bearers outfit so cute x

Thanks for sharing & Cogratulatons x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users