Sign in to follow this  
MikkiStreak

St. Thomas Restaurants

A friend and I were in the Virgin Islands earlier this year and ate at a restaurant on St. Thomas called Mafolie. It sits high on the hill and has a fantastic view. The food and service were outstanding. We actually saw a small wedding reception the night we were there.

We had our reception dinner at Havana Blue - It was INCREDIBLE!!!! Both the food and the service were outstanding.

We also ate a Mafolie one night and the view was beautiful and the food was delicious.

I was truly surprised at the food at Iggies at Bolongo Bay. I can honestly say that i wasn't expecting great food for our welcome dinner on the beach, but they truly delivered. I was pleasantly surprised at how yummy everything was. The only bad thing about our family style dinner on the beach were the bugs, but they provided bug spray and once everyone sprayed down they seemed to disappear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiKelly View Post
We had our reception dinner at Havana Blue - It was INCREDIBLE!!!! Both the food and the service were outstanding.

We also ate a Mafolie one night and the view was beautiful and the food was delicious.

I was truly surprised at the food at Iggies at Bolongo Bay. I can honestly say that i wasn't expecting great food for our welcome dinner on the beach, but they truly delivered. I was pleasantly surprised at how yummy everything was. The only bad thing about our family style dinner on the beach were the bugs, but they provided bug spray and once everyone sprayed down they seemed to disappear.
Who was your WC. Did you take pictures and review yet?

I used April from Wedding in Paradise. She was very nice. I didn't need to coordinate very much through her since I took care of planning the welcome cruise, dinner and the reception dinner. My flowers were beautiful, the minister was very nice, and the photographer was good. She was from Bluegrass Photography (I forgot her name), and I actually received the pictures last night and they were amazing!

Originally Posted by MiKelly View Post

MiKelly,

I am getting married in St. Thomas in March, 2011. We are trying to decide what restaurant to go with. Was the restaurant air conditioned? Did you have to choose a menu or go with the buy-out option? Sorry for all the questions but we will not be able to visit St. Thomas before our wedding, so everything is being done long distance. Thanks!