St. Thomas photographers

MikkiStreak

Kelly Greer is the best I've seen in the islands. But, I think her pricing is different. She doesn't have packages (that she supplied, anyways), and even though she takes a lot of photos, you pay $3 for each proof you want. She lives in St. Croix, so her travel fee to St. Thomas is $200 or $400 (can't remember off the top of my head).

And, if you want a CD of all the photos--- $2,500....

Attachment 1023

Attachment 1024

Attachment 1025

Attachment 1026

Attachment 1027

1Weddings_by_Kelly_Greer.pdf

2The_Fees.pdf

3The_Proofs.pdf

4The_Albums.pdf

5About_Kelly.pdf

• Like 1

Gary Felton is another option. But, I believe his primary focus is advertising and underwater photography. His underwater portfolio is absolutely amazing. I wish he would put that caliber of effort into his weddings, because then he'd be great.

The images posted on his website for his wedding gallery look good. But if you go to the client side to look up weddings, one portfolio shows up without a password requirement and those photos are just average.

So I think he puts his best stuff on the website to impress people, but I don't get the impression that he follows through with that effort in the actual wedding work.

(just my impression)

Attachment 1028

Gary Felton.pdf

• 4 months later...

wow 3 bucks for a single PROOF? AND 2,500 for all the images on a disk ON TOP of the cost of the photography?? good lord. for that kind of money you could bring in two photographers from the states for a week practically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiStreak View Post
Kelly Greer is the best I've seen in the islands. But, I think her pricing is different. She doesn't have packages (that she supplied, anyways), and even though she takes a lot of photos, you pay $3 for each proof you want. She lives in St. Croix, so her travel fee to St. Thomas is $200 or $400 (can't remember off the top of my head).

And, if you want a CD of all the photos--- $2,500....

Attachment 1023

Attachment 1024

Attachment 1025

Attachment 1026

Attachment 1027

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-marcus View Post
wow 3 bucks for a single PROOF? AND 2,500 for all the images on a disk ON TOP of the cost of the photography?? good lord. for that kind of money you could bring in two photographers from the states for a week practically.

ya sounds expensive to me... what is a proof? is it an image straight out of the camera or an edited photo?

a proof is usually a 4x6 image or a collection of smaller images in a book so you can see which ones you might want to print out bigger. the thing is if you are paying 3 bucks for a proof (which is just a normal quality print and usually injk jet if its a book) then that means youa re going to be paying out the noooose for the actual print. and if you have to pay for the disk (especially that much) you are getting scammed out of money. personally i think photographers should include all images on a disk to start with. i can understand if its a celebrity wedding its different but come on. WOW. im still floored over that cost for the disk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic D View Post
ya sounds expensive to me... what is a proof? is it an image straight out of the camera or an edited photo?

ya thanks Jean, I know what a proof is. However all photographers have different views on what is a proof very and that was my point. Some call them 1st edition prints some call them proofs I call my final images "Digital Negatives", but the main point was you need to find out what that photographer means when they say proof. My guess is for $3 a pop they are fully edited, and ready to be printed files.

While we are on the subject, its important to note that brides should always know exactly what they are going to receive as far as product, after the wedding. In other words don't leave any grey areas and no question unasked.

oh i FULLYY agree with you nic d. im sorry to say that there are far to many photogarphers out there that arent up front about waht they will deliver. they act more like mechanics and throw additional fees and costs and expenses in there after the fact or the day of the wedding. and sorry. i miss read what you were asking. ya. i think that for 3bucks the "proof" better be an edited image. ps. checked out your stuff. great work. glad to see you represent well. this website is great but really watch your step and make sure you dont solicite. i was in the forums and i almost got banned because i wasnt quite sure of the rules. now im all good wink.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...