• Site Supporter
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:26 PM

not sure if the frame or the bottles would be better for travel

#12 dmkn77

dmkn77
    • 164 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:10 PM

If I were doing a sand ceremony I would top the vessel up to fulll with sand from the beach of the resort. Then it wouldnt shift any and theres more to the "story" of the art. :)

#13 ska2m

ska2m
      • Site Supporter
      • 150 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:47 PM

You should try to fill the bottle up as much as possible and then fill the remaining bottle (hopefully not too much left) with gorilla glue and then you can permanently seal it this way and then the sand won't shift or the top won't come off. That's what I will be doing!

#14 bride2be31011

bride2be31011
        • 79 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:09 PM

Really? Gorilla glue?  I've never heard of this idea before.  It won't ruin the sand or anything?  Maybe I'll have to google it! :) Thanks for the info.  Where are you getting your set from?

Originally Posted by ska2m 

You should try to fill the bottle up as much as possible and then fill the remaining bottle (hopefully not too much left) with gorilla glue and then you can permanently seal it this way and then the sand won't shift or the top won't come off. That's what I will be doing!

#15 sxcT

sxcT
          • 1,282 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:50 AM

I'm still debating between vase or frame.  They both look so great...its so hard.  Can I get both LOL!!  j/k

#16 jszy10

jszy10
            • 1,192 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:11 AM

Hey ladies!! Just a thought... I think I'm going to go the cheaper route and purchase individual vases for my sand ceremony.  At Michael's Craft Store they have vases that look exactly like the ones in the sand ceremony kits for between 1.99-4.99 a piece!  You can use glue/tissue paper/corks to stuff the vases.  It is definitely the cheaper route, AND you can pick out exactly which vases you want to use!  The 40% off coupons will make this even cheaper!

#17 bride2be31011

bride2be31011
              • 79 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:47 AM

Ooooohhh!!! Very nice jszy10! I like this idea, and I have a Micheal's right down the street! I will definitely check them out! Thanks for the info :)

Originally Posted by jszy10 

Hey ladies!! Just a thought... I think I'm going to go the cheaper route and purchase individual vases for my sand ceremony.  At Michael's Craft Store they have vases that look exactly like the ones in the sand ceremony kits for between 1.99-4.99 a piece!  You can use glue/tissue paper/corks to stuff the vases.  It is definitely the cheaper route, AND you can pick out exactly which vases you want to use!  The 40% off coupons will make this even cheaper!

#18 sxcT

sxcT
                • 1,282 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:57 AM

I was actually looking at those the other day when I was there.  I thought the same thing..."hey I can make my own set".  Thanks for reminding me. 

Originally Posted by jszy10 

#19 SusanJeff2008

SusanJeff2008
                  • 160 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:12 PM

I was thinking about the same thing. Thank you for the suggestions about transportation and the Michael's vases. I'm new and I need as much info as I can get.

#20 ammorris17

ammorris17
                    • 161 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:44 PM

I love the picture frame idea! Thanks for sharing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users