Undergarments for slinky, plunging, low back dress

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 futuremrsdaniel

• 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:32 PM

I know this is a common question...but what are you wearing under your DW dress?  Mine (below) plunges in BOTH the front and back.  I want to be supported (D cup) and comfortable...and for nothing embarrassing to show.  I thought that a strapless bra would work, but it shows quite a bit, unfortunately.  I don't think that sewn in bra cups will work for support reasons.  Thank you.

j crew avery front

#2 hamster

• 12 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:57 PM

I would wear nude boyshort-type undies.  As for a bra, I'm not sure.

#3 eholt

• 528 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 03:23 AM

I purchased a similar dress but strapless and you could see every single line, dimple, etc through this fabric.  I am not wearing it as it would be too much to try to conseal.  I was also worried about not wearing undies and sweating in the Jamaica heat.  Not a comfy situation to have your dress sticking to you.  I know they make bridal spanx in different designs so check with a good bridal shop on this. 

May 19, 2011
        Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
        Montego Bay, Jamaica

#4 L&J

• 153 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:23 AM

I would suggest a nude colored v-string for the bottom and talking with a good seamless about sewing in cups. 

Tensing Pen, Negril Jamaica, November 13th, 2010

#5 murmel

• Resort/Area Ambassadors
          • 1,406 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
          • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:01 AM

That's always such a tricky detail. I would suggest looking for seamless underwear, not sure where you live, but in Canada La Senza sells them. That should avoid the underwear lines. As for the bra top, I have seen something that almost looks like a corset (but it's a bra). Strapless, but is cut super low on the back, and designed for dresses like these. If you need support, I would look for one of these. Unfortunately I don't know what they are called.

Also maybe:

Good luck.

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

#6 lyndsay_h

• 218 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 03:02 PM

A big-boobed friend had a really low backed wedding dress so she used those sticky things.  They stick below the nipple then you pull and stick the top part above.  It works but looks weird if you're naked...she ended up taking them off for the reception.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users