Reading of the Vows

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 foxytv

foxytv
  • VIP Member
  • 7,740 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 11:51 AM

Are you having any family/friends do any of the readings during your ceremony?

Since our ceremony will be in Spanish, I'm thinking about having a family member read the Hand Ceremony in English (and not have the officiant read it at all) and have another family member read a verse in English only. That way, the only Spanish part of the ceremony will be the exchange of vows with the WC translating.

Any thoughts on this? I know we can do whatever we want (especially since it's a Symbolic ceremony) but just curious on your thoughts ... what future brides plan to do and what the new Mrs.' did.

#2 amym567

amym567
    • 403 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 01:16 PM

Tami~
      My MOH read our sand ceremony, and my Grandma read the Corinthians verse at our legal ceremony. As you said, you can pretty much do what you want.
      Amy

#3 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 01:19 AM

Our ceremony was in English so the "minister" did all the reading. We were going to have my cousins read a poem in Spanish, but we decided to print the poem on our program and keep our ceremony short. I think your ideas are good, make it your own ;o)

#4 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 10,366 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 01:22 AM

I haven't thought about this really.... Maybe I should incorporate my family/friends with a reading or two....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users