16 Positive Things About Mexico

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
  • 26,161 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 10:58 AM

Something to pass on to the Mexico haters that may be trying to rain on your parade!

http://themexicorepo...s-about-mexico/

#2 Ms.H

Ms.H
    • 169 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 01:03 PM

These two are my favorite:

13. I am positive that when you visit (and you’re not acting like a jerk), you will be treated like family - so true - as it is everywhere!

14. I am positive that you will always find an outdoor taco stand or street cart open late. - perfect for a late night snack!!!

#3 82turtles

82turtles
      • 297 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 01:16 PM

Such a good article! I just heard from my dad that one of my sisters thought we should pick somewhere else because Mexico is so unsafe. I'll have to send this along to her!

#4 Angie1017

Angie1017
        • 213 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:07 AM

Love this!  Thanks for sharing!  :)

Married ~ December 16, 2010 ~ Gran Bahia Principe Tulum

#5 meeshie77

meeshie77
          • 208 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:40 PM

Mexico has such a special place in my heart.  My BFF and I went there together on vacation in 2006.  We loved it so much, we quite our jobs the day we got back to move there.  We had each made a plan for each other on how we could make it work and what we would do for work.  My plan was to go back to school for massage therapy and move down when I was done.  Her plan was to take some courses and move there.  Well, that was 5 years ago.  My BFF has lived there for 5 years now and while I was in school I met my FI and moved to his city instead.

I love Mexico!!!!  I have stayed in Playa del Carmen amongst the locals and found people to be helpful, kind and very warm.  My safety was never an issue, although I certainly didn't walk any back allies at night (I don't do that at home either).  When we were deciding on our DW, Mexico was one of 2 places to make the list.  In the end, we chose not have our wedding there bc we knew many of our guests would not attend bc they also watch the 6 o'clock news.

Thank you for posting this.  It warmed my heart a little and reminded me of how one beautiful place on earth changed my life in more ways than I could have imagined!

Originally Posted by starchild 

Something to pass on to the Mexico haters that may be trying to rain on your parade!

http://themexicorepo...s-about-mexico/

#6 janette34

janette34
            • 417 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:40 PM

Love this, I have been travelling to Mexico for years and have always felt safe.  Some of the guests are convinced that they are going to get shot as soon as we land at the Cancun airport.  One (DH aunt) has refused to go but felt that she needed to let us know that maybe she would reconsider if we went to Aruba or Jamaica - sorry my wedding isn't good enough for her, guess she isn't getting an invite to the AHR!

#7 bride3183

bride3183
              • 173 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:11 PM

I love this.. and I may have to pass it on to some grandparents who are scared to come!

Dreams Los Cabos - October 29, 2011

#8 LandG

LandG
                • 152 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:17 PM

I love this!

#9 zbwedding

zbwedding
                  • 156 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:47 PM

Too funny!  lol

#10 FutureMrsF