Jump to content

Photo

Anyone taking guests on an excursion?


  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Dominican Ally

Dominican Ally
  • Jr. Member
  • 400 posts

    Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:54 AM

    If it's 90pp, I won't be paying for everyone! lol...just not in the budget :)

    I would still like to pay for the wedding party and parents maybe, but we'll see. I can't wait to start planning these fun things, once I finally pick a date/location!


    Can't wait to marry my best friend on April 11, 2013!

    49 Guests booked, and counting...


    #22 ntlsnow

    ntlsnow
    • Jr. Member
    • 204 posts

      Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:23 AM

      My thoughts exactly, though with a larger group maybe they will give discounts of some sort. I cannot afford $90pp either for everyone. I cannot wait for the date/location either, then we can do the fun stuff! lol

       

      Originally Posted by Dominican Ally 

      If it's 90pp, I won't be paying for everyone! lol...just not in the budget :)

      I would still like to pay for the wedding party and parents maybe, but we'll see. I can't wait to start planning these fun things, once I finally pick a date/location!



       



      #23 JayKay

      JayKay
      • Sr. Member
      • 3,472 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
      • LocationSouthern Alberta

      Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:36 AM

      We went on a few excursions with our guests, however, we didn't pay for them.  We didn't plan anything in advance and once we got to Jamaica kind of asked everyone what they wanted to do.  Everyone wanted to do Dunns River Falls, so we booked that, but each person payed for themselves.  Its awefully expensive to pay for guests on excursions and we just couldn't afford it.



      #24 Dominican Ally

      Dominican Ally
      • Jr. Member
      • 400 posts

        Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:09 PM

        Well now it appears my guest list is growing. We originally thought we would have about 20 people, and now it seems we have 30 for sure, and possibly up to 60! So - an excursion is OUT...lol! I think people will certainly understand, especially with the size of our group.

         

        I think that everyone will appreciate the OOT bags I plan to do - which will be minimal if our guest list is huge, but it's still something nice for everyone to welcome them.


        Can't wait to marry my best friend on April 11, 2013!

        49 Guests booked, and counting...


        #25 joda

        joda
        • Jr. Member
        • 205 posts

          Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:37 PM

          We are doing a catamaran sunset cruise, but we have a smaller group of 21, so it is not outrageously expensive. I think it will be $1500, including transport to and from, appetizers open bar and a bunch of photos on cd. We worked it into our budget because I really wanted to do something for the people who are spending so much to come to our wedding! 



          #26 stefkva

          stefkva
          • Jr. Member
          • 188 posts

            Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:34 PM

            Do you think any of the guests will have issues with motion sickness?



            #27 joda

            joda
            • Jr. Member
            • 205 posts

              Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:56 AM

              Stefkva, of course there is always a possibility that guests could experience motion sickness. However, we plan to tell them about the cruise before we go, so they can stock up on medicine if they desire. I am also hoping that by just going around a bit at sunset rather than having to travel to a specific destination, ie coral, that they will know where the water is more calm. We'll see I guess!



              #28 elissae

              elissae
              • Member
              • 631 posts
              • Wedding Date:April 2, 2013
              • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
              • LocationClifton Park, NY

              Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:12 AM

              I hear ya Ally!  Our list is growing too!  I was initially thinking a catamaran or boat excursion as well since we are avid boaters ourselves (power cruisers on Lake George), along with half our guests, but the cost may be too outrageous!  I agree, people will understand, especially with group size!!!!

               

              We will just have to play it by ear.  Us and a few of our guests have been to this resort before so the guys are already taking about golf & the women about the shopping we did last time.

               

               

              I plan to do OOT Bags, too!   

               

              We are getting married at the same time!  Something tells me we will be chatting a lot over the next 14 months!  Good Luck!

               


               

               

              Originally Posted by Dominican Ally 

              Well now it appears my guest list is growing. We originally thought we would have about 20 people, and now it seems we have 30 for sure, and possibly up to 60! So - an excursion is OUT...lol! I think people will certainly understand, especially with the size of our group.

               

              I think that everyone will appreciate the OOT bags I plan to do - which will be minimal if our guest list is huge, but it's still something nice for everyone to welcome them.



               


              Blissfully married since April 2, 2013.


              #29 Dominican Ally

              Dominican Ally
              • Jr. Member
              • 400 posts

                Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:42 PM



                I'm sure we will! Good luck with your planning, and I'm sure we'll be seeing lots of each other on here :)

                Originally Posted by elissae 

                I hear ya Ally!  Our list is growing too!  I was initially thinking a catamaran or boat excursion as well since we are avid boaters ourselves (power cruisers on Lake George), along with half our guests, but the cost may be too outrageous!  I agree, people will understand, especially with group size!!!!

                 

                We will just have to play it by ear.  Us and a few of our guests have been to this resort before so the guys are already taking about golf & the women about the shopping we did last time.

                 

                 

                I plan to do OOT Bags, too!   

                 

                We are getting married at the same time!  Something tells me we will be chatting a lot over the next 14 months!  Good Luck!

                 


                 

                 



                 



                 


                Can't wait to marry my best friend on April 11, 2013!

                49 Guests booked, and counting...


                #30 WPGBride

                WPGBride
                • Jr. Member
                • 203 posts

                  Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:14 PM

                  I want to do an excursion too for our guests but we have the issue of grandparents being in their late 60's and many 20 somethings. So catering to both would be difficult. What my FI and I decided would be to do something like visit the ruins (hopefully not too hot or too much walking for the older folk) and invite everyone and then do something like a night out in cancun for the party life fto cater to the younger crowd. As for paying for everyone, for the ruins excursion, we'll see how many people want to come.






                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users