Bringing fiannce dress shopping...yay or nay?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 BethAnne

• 84 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:44 AM

I say definately what feels right to you, but my personal opinion is that the mystery and the excitement of the months of planning building up to the day brings alot of emotion and surprise to the table when you finally meet at the alter. I feel it makes the day more memorable. =)

#32 jenandmark

• 159 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:53 AM

Def ask him first...he might feel strongly one way or the other...you never know!   :)

Gran Bahia Principe ~ Runaway Bay, Jamaica ~ November 11th, 2011

#33 jana297

• 646 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:01 AM

I am so not traditional!! I guess it is a personal choice!

Dreams Cacun Resort & Spa
        April 6, 2012

#34 jrod07

• Site Supporter
        • 98 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:53 PM

I don't think it's a big deal and like everyone said it's completely up to you.  Do whatever makes you both happy!  Good luck shopping if you haven't found your dress already!

#35 daisy0321

• Banned
          • 10 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:47 AM

it's up to up to you, make the right choice according to others' opinion.

#36 sonyaj

• 150 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 05:38 PM

I'm leaving it up to my FI. It doesn't matter to me one way or the other, I'm totally not traditional. Everyone (our families) all have their opinions (no, don't let im see the dress) but we're not letting that dictate what we do.

#37 ammorris17

• 161 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:35 PM

Do whatever YOU want. It is your special day and I don't think it will take away from your wedding day.

#38 muitoquerida

• 233 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:11 PM

big NAY!

#39 skp1

• 405 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:09 AM

I just started shopping and am dealing with this too.  My FI wants to come (I can't imagine it being fun for him, but he loves seeing me dress up).  I don't think he should be there but I do value his opinion.  Unfortunately due to location, my closest friends and family are not here to go with me.  My sister was going to fly in and go shopping with me but her husband just broke his ankle so she can't leave him :(  I showed him pictures on the internet but it looks so different on.

Steph & John........Atlantis.......June 18, 2011......happily married

#40 Pucca

• 485 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Lizzdee 

I did ask and he is cool with whatever i want !  But everyone else i talked to (friends & fam) say dont bring him. Everytime i show him a pic of a dres he replies with, "I'd have to see it on you". So i may show him some pics to get a general idea of what he likes (long, short, poufy,not poufy) , but go shopping with a close friend and (eeek) my mother.

I think that's a good compromise. I wanted to bring my fiance with me but he absolutely refused. He said that it was bad luck for him to see me prior to the wedding day. So, I got some ideas of what he liked and didn't like by showing him some pictures of things I liked, and then went shopping with one of my friends. I actually found my dress on a random bridal salon visit by myself a few days later. My mother lives too far away for dress shopping and our tastes kinda clash....and my closest friends weren't able to come at the time I went dress shopping. But I guess for me I didn't mind shopping on my own. Less opinions to distract me. :) I shared pics with my closest girlfriends after I ordered the dress and it was a unanimous "love it!" vote, so that made me feel good, since the previous shopping day my friends were all over the board as to which dress they liked. Later I ended up showing my fiance all the pictures of the dresses I tried on but didn't buy and was relieved to know that he didn't like any of them just like me. So I know he will like the dress I did end up purchasing. :D  

Good luck with your shopping! Hope you find/have found your dress!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users