Bringing fiannce dress shopping...yay or nay?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 adales

• Site Supporter
  • 545 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:14 PM

Isnt that how it usually is? :)

#22 Nickj

• 22 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 01:36 AM

If you are are confortable to go with him than its ok. You will definitely go with him and don't worry he will choose a perfect dress for you. All the best...

#23 Lizzdee

• 396 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by OceanWonderland 

Did you ask him what he wanted to do? Curious if he said he wanted to see it or not. My fiance is adamant he doesn't see the dress before the wedding. It's been in a bag in the closet for months now and he still hasn't taken a peek. I'd be way too curious not to look!! Then again, the whole wedding will be a pretty big surprise for him since I've done most of the planning. It'll be like he's one of the guests hahaha

I did ask and he is cool with whatever i want !  But everyone else i talked to (friends & fam) say dont bring him. Everytime i show him a pic of a dres he replies with, "I'd have to see it on you". So i may show him some pics to get a general idea of what he likes (long, short, poufy,not poufy) , but go shopping with a close friend and (eeek) my mother.

#24 Amiep603

• 184 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 02:34 PM

i want mine to be a total surprise!! i want to take his breath away when he sees me

#25 sascolo

• 184 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 04:55 PM

I showed mine pics of me trying on various dresses and he helped me decide that way. I still believe nothing will dampen the moment of him seeing you walk down the aisle. It doesn't matter if he has seen the dress. There is nothing more beautiful than a bride on her wedding day.

#26 marinemeuwec

• Site Supporter
            • 68 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:45 PM

nay....i love the moment he first sees it..makes it all worth it!

#27 schayer

• 42 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:16 AM

I think its a personal decision... I don't think there is such a thing as a traditional wedding anymore... And i think its a good thing.. It's OUR day (bride AND groom) and should be spent as we want.

My FI will not see the dress until THE day... i guess that my personal preference . plus, he doesn't really have any opinion towards clothes lol he is the type that is pleased very easily (great for me!).

If you FI, would love to be part of this and you feel the same... why not!

#28 JetsettinBride

• 299 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 10:10 AM

I would say No. But in the end you have to do what feels right to you!

#29 Avens

• 576 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 10:33 AM

Mine didn't come shopping with me, but I did show him the pictures from that to help me make the final choices.  It was very helpful!

#30 KitCat77

• 19 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:23 AM

I wanted my fiance to see my dress too but I'm trying to keep it a surprise!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users