Photo

Bringing fiannce dress shopping...yay or nay?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#11 Ms.H

Ms.H
  • 169 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:16 PM

I also say nay....to me there is just something about seeing my fiances reaction when he first sees me in my dress, and i didnt want it to be at a dress shop! 

#12 irisheyes

irisheyes
    • 35 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:57 AM

It's a personal choice, i will be keeping my dress a secret from my fiance but you do whatever feels right for you :)

#13 JanineA

JanineA
      • 2,482 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:26 AM

I agree with everyone else. All of my girlfriend's took their FI's shopping for the wedding dress and all had at home traditional weddings. None of the men remembered the dresses come wedding day so it was just like seeing it for the first time. In fact one of the grooms was positive it was a different dress, it really wasn't his wife, my friend just was done up on wedding day whereas the day she tried on dresses she was just regular. I am the only one having a non-traditional wedding (DW) but not letting FI see till day of.....I want this part to remain traditional and so did he. Do what works best for you and your FI. 

#14 Lizzdee

Lizzdee
        • 396 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:45 PM

Great advice! I am gonna tlk to him and see if he wants it to be a suprise...maybe he cares more than i think!! I will keep you all posted!

#15 snow88

snow88
          • 181 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:17 PM

I would say "nay" now too.  When I first started shopping online, I showed him some pictures but then I saw another dress later.  I then asked my friends to vote on which one they liked best and the one chosen was the one that he had not seen.  I sent the picture to his sister  and she told him, "no way", you are not seeing it".  

#16 adales

adales
            • Site Supporter
            • 545 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:28 PM

I definetly think that it is your decision but, I feel like the look on your fiance's face when he sees you walking down the aisle for the first time is priceless and irreplaceable.  This is the one moment in your relationship when you can completely surprise him and it will be a look that you will remember for a lifetime.

#17 janapana

janapana
              • 591 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:13 PM

I say go for it! I would have loved FI to come dress shopping with me, as it is he didn´t want to, but even if he goes with you just to get an idea of what you both like i think it´s a great idea. Your relationships all about sharing right? so why not share this too? it´s probably the most important dress you´ll ever buy!

#18 goodtoglow

goodtoglow
                • 110 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:59 AM

If you feel it is right, and he wants to go, then do it!

My fiance would be bored to tears if I brought him along.... although I did quickly show him a picture of a potential dress and he lit up when he saw it... then did the classic "It doesn't matter what you are wearing, I know you will look beautiful and trust your pick" Phewph!

#19 goodtoglow

goodtoglow
                  • 110 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by adales 

I definetly think that it is your decision but, I feel like the look on your fiance's face when he sees you walking down the aisle for the first time is priceless and irreplaceable.  This is the one moment in your relationship when you can completely surprise him and it will be a look that you will remember for a lifetime.

I like what you said. That is so true! It is such a special moment!

#20 OceanWonderland

OceanWonderland
                    • 177 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:13 PM

Did you ask him what he wanted to do? Curious if he said he wanted to see it or not. My fiance is adamant he doesn't see the dress before the wedding. It's been in a bag in the closet for months now and he still hasn't taken a peek. I'd be way too curious not to look!! Then again, the whole wedding will be a pretty big surprise for him since I've done most of the planning. It'll be like he's one of the guests hahaha

Leslie and Aaron ~ Dreams Tulum ~ November 15, 2010
                      Our wedding slideshow from the amazing William Sanchez: http://www.williamsa...aron/slideshow/
                      And our TTD session (William Sanchez and Ivan Luckie): http://www.williamsa...slie aaron/ttd/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users