I'm excited to be marrying in Mexico. My FI and I wanted a small gathering of our nearest and dearest, and planned to keep everything hush-hush until the date drew nearer. Then we'd invite those who we knew couldn't attend (and we couldn't afford to have) to an AHR. However, since we became engaged, I've discovered weddings bring out the crazy in people! Here are just a few:
1) Random 31-yr-old church member stops me and in a child's voice (literally, looking sheepish and all) asks me to choose her to be in my bridal party! Might be an option if you ever met my FI, lol. This member loves weddings. The last 3 or so that have taken place in our church, she's been bridesmaids in ALL of them! She somehow convinces the brides to let her be in it, even though she hasn't known them for long. Still, you might ask, why not? Because she has the nerve in the pictures to look mad, lol. Don't want that energy. Now I'm put in the awkward position of whether or not to invite her, and her husband who she demanded would be attending with her! Again, my FI doesn't feel comfy around him either. Oh, and the other hitch? She's my pastor's daughter, who I do plan on inviting....yea, HELP!
2) People keep inviting themselves to our wedding, because they're misconstruing the event as a vacation. This irks me beyond words! Let ME invite you. Not you telling me you're coming.
3) People who are invited guests want to add plus ones. We simply can't afford it. On top of that, they're trying to invite people we don't care for as their guests. Oh vey...
4) People "helping" me plan my wedding by suggesting, not so subtly, that their child be a flower girl or so forth. Great. Another awkward conversation about how NO children are permitted at the wedding....
5) Those who are in the bridal party claiming they won't arrive until the day of the wedding. Um, yea...I specifically said you had to be there the day before for the rehearsal...here we go again.
So yea. This is my wedding planning vent. I'm laughing to keep myself from crying or going off, lol. Any advice for the above is welcome!