Photo

Who did/is doing your hair?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 schmizer

schmizer
  • 213 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 07:37 PM

Totally splurging on Dan Sanchez and Jessica Waite.  Surprisingly, my fiance seems ok with it as well:)  There were two things that were really important to me, the photographer and looking beautiful!  These two do a ton of professional shoots.  They have photos right now in the current issue of Destination Bride.

#12 jennifersyble

jennifersyble
    • 166 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:49 PM

awesome, thanks for sharing!

#13 bridetov

bridetov
      • 76 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:51 PM

I used Dan Sanchez and Jessica Waite as well. It was a no brainer. Are they pricey? Yup. Was it worth it- I would have even paid more if they wanted me too. I looked flawless. How often can you say that about yourself? 

#14 pinklilikoi

pinklilikoi
        • Banned
        • 17 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:15 PM

Thanks, very helpful to have a strong recommendation. I'm getting married in Wailea and would ideally like someone in the area. Looks like Dan is based in Kihei? Would you mind me asking what you spent with Dan and Jessica? And is this for on-site or did you go to their salon?

thanks so much!

#15 pinklilikoi

pinklilikoi
          • Banned
          • 17 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:17 PM

Would you mind sharing how much you spent with them? I'm shopping around right now and would love to get a sense of how much I need to budget. Glad to hear things worked out for you! I'm going to have to book hair and makeup without a dry-run (no time to do it ), so I'm looking for someone who's proven.

#16 bridetov

bridetov
            • 76 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:59 PM

I believe both Dan and Jessica are in Kihei (which is right next to Wailea). They (and their assistants) both came to me over on the west side in Lahaina on my wedding day. You have to pay a travel fee- which I think if you are down south, is $50.00 (each). As far as their cost, I *think* it was about $100 for makeup, and $125 for hair. That said, I paid 2009 prices (they were the first vendors I booked- 12 months in advance). Hey, besides photography- they were my most important vendors. :)

So on top of what I'm sure are higher prices for 2011, you also have the travel fees, tips!!, and tax. It adds up quickly.

But again- they are the best on the island and... you will look the best you've ever looked in your life. AND, you don't have to pay for trials, so that is a savings there.

As far as their websites go- I have them (and all my vendors) websites listed somewhere on my planning page. Click HERE.  

#17 bridetov

bridetov
              • 76 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:01 PM

Oh- and don't worry about not having a trial if you go with Dan and Jessica. I had a few inspiration photos for them- but on my wedding day, I asked what they thought would look best on me (after all, THEY are the experts) and after seeing my dress, the decor, and everything- they nailed it perfectly. 

I was nervous about not having a trial at first too. I shouldn't have wasted my time :) 

#18 pinklilikoi

pinklilikoi
                • Banned
                • 17 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:59 AM

thanks, you rock!

#19 greysgirl

greysgirl
                  • 370 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:04 PM

I am using both Dan and Jessica based on your recommendations.  I have spoken with Dan twice on the phone and he is very responsive.  His prices have tripled over the amount you paid, which is a bit hard to swallow, but it's a special day.  Thanks for your feedback on him!

Originally Posted by Tovaqt 

I believe both Dan and Jessica are in Kihei (which is right next to Wailea). They (and their assistants) both came to me over on the west side in Lahaina on my wedding day. You have to pay a travel fee- which I think if you are down south, is $50.00 (each). As far as their cost, I *think* it was about $100 for makeup, and $125 for hair. That said, I paid 2009 prices (they were the first vendors I booked- 12 months in advance). Hey, besides photography- they were my most important vendors. :)

So on top of what I'm sure are higher prices for 2011, you also have the travel fees, tips!!, and tax. It adds up quickly.

But again- they are the best on the island and... you will look the best you've ever looked in your life. AND, you don't have to pay for trials, so that is a savings there.

As far as their websites go- I have them (and all my vendors) websites listed somewhere on my planning page. Click HERE.  

#20 pinklilikoi

pinklilikoi
                    • Banned
                    • 17 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:22 PM

just checked out your site and what a gorgeous wedding! you sparked several cool ideas for me, like the adorable "ring security" shirts and the sentimental hankerchief gift. mahalo for sharing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users