Who did/is doing your hair?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 SydneyFitz

SydneyFitz
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:43 PM

Hello!

I am doing a scouting trip Oct 30 - Nov 7th and want to do a hair trial to see how my hair holds up when done with the humidity. Any of you have recommendations of who to use? How much it cost? etc.? I will be in the Lahaina area.

Thanks!

Sydney

#2 mauipro

mauipro
    • 9 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:23 PM

Sydney,

Try Heather Green at On Location Styling, she is very good and professional. She is very busy, so give her a day or so to call you back 808 276-5750. Congratulations!

#3 AtteGirl

AtteGirl
      • 197 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:58 AM

I've booked Karine at Bridal Hair on Maui. Her prices are on her page. I have no time to do a trial run so hopefully she's good!

#4 renstar

renstar
        • 19 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:34 PM

I'm also seriously considering using Karine.  Has anyone on her used her?

#5 mauipro

mauipro
          • 9 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:21 PM

I also use Andrea Duarte, see her site at http://www.apamperedbridemaui.com/

#6 bridetov

bridetov
            • 76 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:16 AM

Dan Sanchez is the go-to guy for wedding hair. I swear, I've never seen my hair look so beautiful in my entire life... and I didn't even have a trial! He's a little pricier than some, but SO worth it! 

#7 SydneyFitz

SydneyFitz
              • 34 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:45 PM

I have my hair trial with Karine tomorrow! I'll let you all know how it goes!

#8 renstar

renstar
                • 19 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 04:48 PM

Hi SydneyFitz...I'm so curious as to how your hair trial with Karine went?

#9 SydneyFitz

SydneyFitz
                  • 34 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 02:00 PM

Sorry it's taken so long to respond about how my hair trial went! I wasn't sure of what to say! While Karine was a sweetheart and cracked me up I HATED what she did to my hair. I brought pictures and the end product turned out nothing like what I asked for. To be fair I brought two pictures and wanted a combination of the two so maybe we had different visions. I tried to say something half way through but realized it was too late. I hate to give a bad review but it was really nothing like what I asked for :( I will be going with someone else for my wedding.

#10 trimartin

trimartin
                    • 12 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:41 AM

I also hear great things about Dan Sanchez, and that he is one of the most known and well loved.  I was sold on all the reviews I had heard about him - not one bride was disappointed.  Also if you need makeup done, his co-worker Jessica Waites is suppose to be awesome also! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users