Post here if your plans are changed due to Hurricane Dean & you would like help

I hope so....it would be wonderful if that could happen but I bought my trip through Expedia and its funny, the guy I was speaking to yesterday, erased my itinerary completely..UGH....I know he said he would send the refund for the room yesterday so that I know has happened..I may want to call the resort directly to see what I can do? We were already over budget so the extra $1,000 is impossible~ UGH....

Thanks though...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Morgan...I am waiting to see the assessment of damage at this point, I thing Negril is still going through major flooding and water damage right now (mudslides etc.) so I am kinda waiting for it to cool down a bit...I am waiting to hear back from the resort itself to see what kind of damage they have...

I hope so too...

G-R-E-A-T News:

I have contacted the resort directly, and they verified that all 4 resorts had minimal damage and they are taking guests as soon as the airport re-opens...I feel so relieved at this point, u have no idea~ I have cancelled my room as of yesterday so now I have to re-schedule it and hoping it can be done..I am on hold right now as we speak~

To all the other girls who are about to go through the worse part of this hurricane, my heart goes out to you...I am keeping my fingers crossed for each of you and offer my help in any way I can...I am so grateful for the wonderful girls on this forum that pulled together to offer to help me out, its truly very appreciated...

WONDERFUL!!! I am so excited to see this all workout for you & for you to get the wedding you've been planning for for so long. Let us know what happens with your room situation.

I'm feeling optimistic for Cancun & RM. Jason posted that the storm is going to be 100 miles south of tulum. They shouldn't cause the kind of damage that prevents people who are scheduled for the next few months from getting to have their wedding. I know it's impossible to predict, but I really think things will be fine.

UPDATE:

After many hours of grief, we were unable to activate our trip, so we have chosen to completely re-book our trip for a second time..YUP, as stressful as it is to pay for the trip twice, we have to submit to insurance and wait 3 months to get our money back...So we did not have the time to wait to be re-imbursed so we booked the trip AGAIN last night and decided to treat ourselves to 14 days as opposed to the 11 we were already booked for..We have been through so much in the past few weeks (my home flood posted in a previous post) and the whole mess with this hurricane, so I wanted to keep you girls updated and let you know that I am all straightened out...

Thank you girls for all your wonderful suggestions and worry, you truly are amazing (you know who you are)...May I make a suggestion to future brides, WAIT until the hurricane passes through to assess damage before you cancel..I have learned the hard way, although the media made it out to be a lot worse that what happened, I am grateful that we are still going to the place we chose and everyone is okay..

Thanks girls for listening, now I am so behind on preparations, I might not be online for the next little while, I have about a list of 60 things to get done before I leave in 10 days..Good Luck to all of you in your planning~ May you all have your dream weddings~

Trista