Floral Boquets @ Beaches Turks

Does anyone know the prices of the Marta Stewat boquets? I am going to do the BB package and give the comp boquet to my MOH, and maybe get one of the other ones for myself.

I am a floral designer,,,,if the Martha Stewart boquet are a huge rip off....i may send myself flowers from an island florist (if i can) and rip it apart and make my own boquet the morning of. Do outside florists deliver to Beaches?

Thanks!! And if anyone needs flower help/advice/ect....let me know!!!

www.mdsfloraldesigns.com

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they are rather expensive, all I know is I did the seaside serenade package which comes with the bouquet with orchids and shells, the wedding coordinator told me to get a mini version of that for by BMs would be $450.00 which is outrageous in my opinion.

I got married in May and they wouldn't let us pick parts of the MS packages. It was the whole package or nothing.  We wanted an arch for the ceremony but were told we'd have to go with the package that included that.   So unless it changed, you can't purchase the bouquets from the Martha Stewart stuff. 

When we originally booked, you could purchase additions like a bouquet seperately.  This was before Martha Stewart had a contact with Beaches.  They never got back to me about seperate bouquets after the MS collections took over. 

You aren't allowed to use outside vendors for the ceremony though.  As far as I know, you can't have flowers sent to you at the resort and make your own bouquet that morning.  But... what they don't know won't hurt them?huh.gif

I went with clay flowers and brought them along with me on my carry on.  They held up really well.

Hmmm...My TA gave me a small booklet that had all differnet boquets, bouts, and corsages in it. On each page is the theme,,,,like for beautiful beginings it shows the orchid boquet, but it also shows a round hand-held boquet of all roses. Do you know what i am talking about? I was assuming the all rose boquet would be an upgrade from the 'comp' orchid boquet.

Brandy...what did you end up doing for your MOH??? Like I said I am a floral designer who only does weddings, and my boquet is the only thing i have ever thought about when thinking of getting married. It may even trump the dress...lol. Also, what room did you go with??? There are way to many options!! Are you doing a private reception? And if so for how long? I am going back and forth between the 2 and 3 hour ones. I would love to pick your brain on a million things!!!

Sure ill answer any questions you have! I haven't choosen anything for my bridesmaids yet but I think I may go with parasols or something. Oh I completely understand how important the boquet is. We went with the basic room which was expensive enough plus we will get upgrades with the more rooms we book and I don't think well be in the room too much so I wasn't too concerned with the room size. We are doing a private reception and we are leaning more towards the three hour reception. When is your wedding?

Brandy--We are in the early planning stages for a Jan 2012 wedding----seems so far way, but I am hoping  the more time we give our guests the better our turn out will be. We are definitly going to do a private reception, not sure which one. The three hour one is our first choice, but i saw another post that said you have to pay more to give your guests a choice of entree. They really do squeeze you for every penny you have! We have alot of picky/allergic/foodie people coming with us, and i do not think they would be happy with no choice, i know i wouldnt. I WISH we could do a dinner reservation, that way I would maybe do the hour reception, then all go out to eat later on.What are you guys thinking about doing?

Yes, I was told as long as you book 15 or more people for a private reception then they will give you two choices on your entree, so I put that on the RSVP, the two options I chose were the beef tenderloin entree and the chicken entree, but there is only one choice for the other courses.  Yeah I know what you mean, every little thing costs more money and it all adds up.  Our plan is to do the 3 hour reception and maybe book the calypso band but thats still up in the air too.  How many people do you think you will have?

That's great to hear about the menu choice! We too are leaning toward the 3 hour reception. I think having the private reception is the least we can do for our guest who are coming so far to be with us. We are looking at about 20-25 people,but it may go up to 30 if some people decide to bring their kiddies. The calypso band sounds awesome!!! I do no think we are going to do live music, I cant justify the prices soI think we are going to go the Ipod route. We will just make some playlists before we go. Are you doing one of the MS themes?  We are gonna stick with BB, and the gazebo is looking like the ceremony site. I saw  Chrissys pics of it and I love how it is more private than the beach, also it doesnt need any decorations since the beach is the background.

We are pretty much around the same guest count, yeah I definitely wanted to do a private reception for our guests, and we more than likely will only use the calypso band for an hour so I'm also thinking about the ipod option I havent decided yet though.  We are going with one of the MS themes, we chose the seaside serenade theme, I really really wanted the tropical paradise one but couldn't justify paying $6,000 for it.  I love the scenery at the gazebo, I have photos of the gazebo options if you would like to see them, there are actually 2 gazebo locations, we have decided to get married on the beach, mainly because I have always wanted to get married on the beach and our theme comes with an arch as well.