Photo

What is the deal with Canada and Mexico and marriage license translation?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BellaKat

BellaKat
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 05:22 PM

SO I have been told that if you get married in Mexico you have to have your marriage license translated in english and that cost $3000. Does anyone know the truth to this?

#2 82turtles

82turtles
    • 297 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 05:51 PM

Wow, $3000?!?! That's insane! I've seen other Canadian brides talk about this same topic though.. Some have said that the place to get a new ID didn't require the translated version, whereas other brides have said they did have it translated, but it was no where near that expensive! Their posts said somewhere in the $30-60 range depending on where you go. Sorry, I'm not from Canada, so take this for what it's worth!! Just thought I'd pass along what I had seen others discuss. Good luck!

#3 alison15

alison15
      • 356 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:17 AM

I'm not from Canada either but I do work at a University and often times you can pay international students to do translations for a fairly cheap price.  Just an idea.

#4 mimi73

mimi73
        • 282 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 08:41 AM

I haven't heard that from anyone!

I am getting married at Dreams Tulum and our resort has listed 'validation and translation of marriage lic $120'.

http://tickers.Ticke....8901/event.png

Bride and Groom + 42 guests booked!

#5 Brenners

Brenners
          • 807 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:36 PM

I have seen that it costs anywhere between $50 -$200.  I would do some research on this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users