Meals for freezing Ideas needed!!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Lizzy

• 501 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 12:27 AM

Laura, just saw your response. I will get the recipes for you tomorrow, I'm getting ready for bed now.
    So nightie-nite.
    For the dance, at the reception, Maggie wore her crinoline and a lovely lace top. Looks like Tadd likes it!

Professional Photography by Michael B.www.michaelbstudio.comMinneapolis, MN

#22 RaydensMama

• VIP Member
    • 2,861 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 08:24 AM

No rush at all! Thanks a bunch!

#23 MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 10,366 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 12:11 PM

definitely lasagna, stuffed shells, spaghetti pie, italian like everyone else already said, stuffed peppers freeze well, syuffed cabage, Shepherds pie.

try this for OAMC recipezaar

#24 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 19 August 2007 - 01:11 PM

i am gonna have to do this in the next week or so to get us ready for baby...i am making a lasagna, soups, and a chicken enchillada...my mom is gonna come by once a week and make a big meal for us and my sisters will also drop things off so i think we are pretty covered.

here is one recipe:

12 corn tortillas, homemade or purchased
        4 cups cooked, shredded chicken meat (reserve stock)
        8 to 16 oz Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
        1 medium onion, chopped
        2 cloves garlic, minced
        Green chile sauce (recipe follows)
        Sour cream
        1. Make green chile sauce
        2. Put about 1/2" of oil in small skillet. Dip tortillas in hot oil for just a couple of seconds until softened. Place on paper towels in layers until cool enough to handle. With kitchen scissors or knife, stack 4 and cut in quarters.
        LOWFAT ALTERNATIVE: Microwave tortillas in a stack in a damp paper towel or dish towel until softened, about 1 minute.

3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a large baking dish with Pam. Place one layer of tortillas in the dish which has a thin layer of sauce spread in it. Top with /3 of chicken meat and 1/3 of cheese. Spread 1/3 of sauce over it. Repeat to make 2nd and third layers. Sprinkle some cheese on top of sauce, if desired.

4. Bake for 25-35 minutes until heated through and bubbly.
        i've also made them with canned soup that is a little faster...
        Chicken Enchilada Casserole

4-6 cups cooked chicken, chopped or shredded
        1 family size can cream of chicken soup
        1 or 2 small cans of diced green chiles (undrained)
        flour tortillas
        4 cups grated cheese (~1 lb) - i like jack cheese
        Combine chicken, soup and chiles. For a quicker finish, heat the filling. If you are assembling this the night before, no need to heat now.
        In a greased 9x13, layer:

tortillas (I use small ones cut in half to cover the pan neatly and symetrically)
        1/2 of chicken filling
        1/2 of cheese
        to make it prettier, sprinkle with paprika
        Heat thoroughly, cool slightly to firm up, and serve.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
        Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#25 RaydensMama

• VIP Member
        • 2,861 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:58 AM

Thanks Tammy! That sounds awesome!!

#26 june92012

• 151 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:26 AM

Check out onceamonthmom.com

#27 megssweet1

• 157 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:48 AM

Great idea! My sis is preggo too. Maybe I'll do for her!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users