December 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

#261 Marlena

Marlena
  • 254 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:49 PM

Kimberli,

You are staying at the suites, right ? So I will be at the beach resort, and our wedding is monday on the beach! unless it rains....so if isee some random people waving, I will know who it is!!

#262 Marlena

Marlena
    • 254 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:57 AM

Well ladies, I leave on Friday!! That's 3 days from now! I just started getting out everything I have to pack, and forgot that I've spent a year planning this wedding and didn't realize how much stuff I have to get down there! I really should have made a planning thread, then i would have remembered everything! I have postcards, welcome booklet, personalized fans for the beach ceremony, ordered earrings from etsy, cake topper, table runners, mini starfish, luminary bags, paper lanterns....the list goes on and on ! All of this was made possible by everyone's contribution from this site! I couldn't have done it without you all!

#263 MichCraw

MichCraw
      • 369 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:12 AM

Marlena, my list of things to bring down sounds EXACTLY like yours!!! I just packed everything last Sunday, and I have to say thank goodness some people in our group are taking first class so that they can bring and extra luggage with them, or i'd be paying a lot in extra baggage! hehe ... Congrats on leaving on friday!!! You are lucky your wedding is close to your arrival date... mine is on the 7th .. I have 4 days of trying to hide under the shade so that I won't get tan lines for my dress!!!

Attached Files

#264 kat2012

kat2012
        • 602 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:04 AM

I started packing too and it looks quite scary... We leave on Dec 9, I still have some time to figure things out.

I still keep thinking that I am forgetting something! I hate this feeling...

#265 Kimberli1211

Kimberli1211
          • 237 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:57 PM

Marlena- I will definitely try to catch it!!! 

MichCraw- I will be hiding in the shade for 3 days as well!!!! I brought SPF50 and I'm hoping that does the trick!! :)

#266 MichCraw

MichCraw
            • 369 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:40 AM

So ladies today I went for my eyebrow threading appointment ... and the lady nipped me with her scissors at the end... right above my eyebrow.. hope the redness won't stay for long.. or leave a mark! Tomorrow i'm heading over to do my waxing... ( too much info I know) and friday i'm doing nails.... what about your gals... any last minute planning like this? Am I forgetting anything??!!

#267 britb618

britb618
              • Site Supporter
              • 111 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:50 PM

Hey Mich! I am going for waxing and nails on friday then a pedi on saturday, we are having a church ceremony saturday so I'm also getting a spa treatment and hair and make up etc. but leave monday for our destination wedding! so excited for all of us girls! I probably won't get on here again til i get back, so everyone enjoy their weddings and can't wait to hear how everyones went! <3  

p.s. i have packed and repacked about a dozen times....i love this site so much but man did it make me broke and my bags heavy!!!! :) 

#268 Kimberli1211

Kimberli1211
                • 237 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:17 PM

Even if the scissors did leave a mark, it should be pretty easily covered. :) I decided to Nair my lip two days ago (I really don't even need it...lol) and BURNT myself with the stuff. So it shrunk the hairs and made me skin red, then chapped. Smooth going on my part!!! Hahaha! Decided not to do anything new! Got a pedi today and they misshaped my toe nails, which was awesome. I did get a pretty great mani though- the UV cured kind so there's no chipping on vacation. And I'm taking pole-ah-tease classes right now, and had one tonight, which did wonders for helping me feel better before I'm off. Exactly what I needed! :) My main issue is staying up too late with excitement, and not getting enough sleep!!!!! Good luck everybody who's headed off this weekend!!! :D

#269 MichCraw

MichCraw
                  • 369 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:32 PM

Oh my goodness did you ever nail it on the head ! This site definately made me broke and my bags heavy!!! I'm up to 6 luggage and 3 carry-ons... and the credit card bills to prove it !!! Gotta love it!!! Good luck on monday ...can't wait to hear all about it plus you are at the hotel right beside mine!!!

Originally Posted by britb618 

Hey Mich! I am going for waxing and nails on friday then a pedi on saturday, we are having a church ceremony saturday so I'm also getting a spa treatment and hair and make up etc. but leave monday for our destination wedding! so excited for all of us girls! I probably won't get on here again til i get back, so everyone enjoy their weddings and can't wait to hear how everyones went! <3  

p.s. i have packed and repacked about a dozen times....i love this site so much but man did it make me broke and my bags heavy!!!! :) 

Kimberli,

The same thing happened to LineM from this site, when she tried to remove her lip hair.. all red and burnt and then chapped!! She used Avon product I think ... those things are just too powerful... I will just try to dye the little hair I have there.. and hopefully that will do the trick for the camera!

I'm also not getting much sleep .. with 2 young kids and the excitement of leaving ( how many more sleeps mommy) ... my bags under my eyes are bigger than those i'm leaving with to go on vacation!

Originally Posted by Kimberli1211 

Even if the scissors did leave a mark, it should be pretty easily covered. :) I decided to Nair my lip two days ago (I really don't even need it...lol) and BURNT myself with the stuff. So it shrunk the hairs and made me skin red, then chapped. Smooth going on my part!!! Hahaha! Decided not to do anything new! Got a pedi today and they misshaped my toe nails, which was awesome. I did get a pretty great mani though- the UV cured kind so there's no chipping on vacation. And I'm taking pole-ah-tease classes right now, and had one tonight, which did wonders for helping me feel better before I'm off. Exactly what I needed! :) My main issue is staying up too late with excitement, and not getting enough sleep!!!!! Good luck everybody who's headed off this weekend!!! :D

#270 Marlena

Marlena
                    • 254 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:34 AM

ladies,

I too am off to the spa for waxing, and I know better from previous mishaps to pay a professional ! 

Then I have to finish packing and head out to the airport!! I can't believe it's here! The forecast says no rain for monday, so hopefully we get married on the beach as planned!!

I will post all kinds of pics when I'm home!!

good luck to you all!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users