Photo

Beach Brides: What shoes are your bridesmaids wearing?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 andilynn09

andilynn09
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:21 AM

FI and I are getting married on the beach. I am in the middle of trying to pick out bridesmaid dresses, and am suddenly concerned about shoes. I was planning on picking out short dresses for them, but am wondering if some sort of flip-flop will be okay with a short "tradtional" bridesmaid dress? I don't want to make them buy heels AND flip flops in addition to their dress, so I'm just curious as to what your thoughts are on the whole shoes issue. What are your bridesmaids wearing on their feet?

#2 Valentine_Baby

Valentine_Baby
    • 452 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:30 AM

it all depends on the dress I guess and what makes them more comfortable.  If footwear isn't an issue for you maybe you could ask your bridesmaids to wear something that makes them comfortable but in particular colour you had in mind.

I think for my girls I am just going to buy them each a pair of flip flops.  We will be married on the beach so they will have the option of barefoot or flip flops. It all depends on how hot the sand is on their feet :)

#3 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
      • 2,233 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:37 AM

I am buying my girls barefoot sandals, then a pair of flip flops for the reception, the reception is on grass so I thought flip flops would be perfect, this way they won't be sinking into the grass

July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#4 Aumuller

Aumuller
        • 365 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:33 AM

I think I'm gonna go with matching flip flops for the BM's. Heels don't really work in the sand so I think flip flops are the better choice. Even if your dresses are  bit more formal if they are short and you're on the beach I think flip flops are appropriate.

#5 cgeris

cgeris
          • 159 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 07:30 PM

My BMs are wearing the same dress and I told them they could wear whatever flat/sandal shoes they wanted.  We are also doing an AHR in March so I mentioned that they should look for high heels as well for that!

#6 Pixie36

Pixie36
            • 15 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:04 PM

My bridesmaids are wearing a sandal shoe that matches their dresses. Got them from Avon. They look great!! They are light and have lots of spaces in them.

#7 MoBayBride2B

MoBayBride2B
              • 210 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:12 PM

I am currently debating on what to put on my BMs feet.  I really like the barefoot jewelry but I keep getting the question on whether their feet will be hot in the sand

45 booked including Bride & Groom

#8 JayKay

JayKay
                • 3,472 posts
                • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
                • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:22 PM

I really wanted to do barefoot sandals however we are getting married in a gazebo with a stone walk way.  I'm really afraid the stones will be super hot on the feet so I think we are just going to do some type of fancier flip flop.

#9 Mmack

Mmack
                • 118 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:42 PM

Got any pictures??

Our wedding is in 11 weeks!!! Can't wait to be a Mrs.!!

#10 cupcake1382

cupcake1382
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 252 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:39 PM

My gals are wearing long grecian style style dresses in an aqua color so I just told them to wear gold colored jeweled flats..
                    09-10-11
                    Runaway Bay, Jamaica
                    I married my best friend!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users