Sign in to follow this  
andilynn09

Beach Brides: What shoes are your bridesmaids wearing?

FI and I are getting married on the beach. I am in the middle of trying to pick out bridesmaid dresses, and am suddenly concerned about shoes. I was planning on picking out short dresses for them, but am wondering if some sort of flip-flop will be okay with a short "tradtional" bridesmaid dress? I don't want to make them buy heels AND flip flops in addition to their dress, so I'm just curious as to what your thoughts are on the whole shoes issue. What are your bridesmaids wearing on their feet?

it all depends on the dress I guess and what makes them more comfortable.  If footwear isn't an issue for you maybe you could ask your bridesmaids to wear something that makes them comfortable but in particular colour you had in mind.

I think for my girls I am just going to buy them each a pair of flip flops.  We will be married on the beach so they will have the option of barefoot or flip flops. It all depends on how hot the sand is on their feet :)

I am buying my girls barefoot sandals, then a pair of flip flops for the reception, the reception is on grass so I thought flip flops would be perfect, this way they won't be sinking into the grass

I think I'm gonna go with matching flip flops for the BM's. Heels don't really work in the sand so I think flip flops are the better choice. Even if your dresses are  bit more formal if they are short and you're on the beach I think flip flops are appropriate.

My BMs are wearing the same dress and I told them they could wear whatever flat/sandal shoes they wanted.  We are also doing an AHR in March so I mentioned that they should look for high heels as well for that!

My bridesmaids are wearing a sandal shoe that matches their dresses. Got them from Avon. They look great!! They are light and have lots of spaces in them.

I really wanted to do barefoot sandals however we are getting married in a gazebo with a stone walk way.  I'm really afraid the stones will be super hot on the feet so I think we are just going to do some type of fancier flip flop.