| Originally Posted by JANET1111 |
I've finished buying gifts for all the wedding party, but I'm stumped about what to buy our parents (both mine and his) to say thank you. How do you thank someone for something SO HUGE? How do you thank people who already have most every material possesion they want? (at least that I can afford!)
Here are some ideas:
- embroidered keepsake handkerchief (for the moms)
- weekend at a B&B (not too $$ but still somewhere nice)
- ?? (Can you tell I am stumped?)
We plan to make nice photobooks but those will be Christmas gifts. Do you have any ideas for nice but affordable and/or meaningful gifts that we can give them at or right after the wedding? What are you all doing?
Thanks in advance!
Here's just a few ideas that we are thinking about for our parents. F.Y.I we budgeted $500 for parent gifts (3 people):
1. Pendants for the moms (2) /pearl or gemstone to match there dresses
2. Titanium and rubber bracelet or Tiffany cufflinks for dad (1)
3. Dinner at Palmilla's restaurant (Charlie Trotter's?) it's suposedly highend
4. Pay for father's attire
Janet I really like the idea of a bed and breakfast. What's your budget? When I was thinking about gifts I realized it was easier to think of individual gifts than couple gifts.