Photo

Bridesmaid Dress - thoughts on the Convertible Henkaa Dress?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 JayKay

JayKay
  • 3,472 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
  • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
  • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 24 May 2011 - 03:35 PM

Beautiful dress, I just hate that it only comes in one size fits all!

#12 meeshie77

meeshie77
  • 208 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:16 PM

The girls and I are going to the store that has them in stock next month to check them out and try on.  I'll let you know feedback once we have gone there.  Thanks for this post.  It's a great idea!

#13 mishi071411

mishi071411
    • 52 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 04:05 PM

I ordered the henkaa dresses for my two bridesmaids. Both of my sisters are very different in shapes, but I find that the dresses look great on them.

#14 JPenny

JPenny
      • 102 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:46 PM

I've been debating between the Henkaa or Victoria secret dresses for my bridesmaids. Victoria secret is cheaper so if they are good I would rather get them. But for anyone who ordered them did you get the regular length or short. In the pictures the short looks really short but the regular length looks like it goes to the calf whereas I would like it go be more knee length.

#15 SweetLe

SweetLe
        • 97 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:21 PM

We are doing the Victoria's secret version as well. My girls love them. I will try to post pics after the wedding :)

June 24th, 2011- The day I marry my best friend...
          Royal Playa del Carmen
          20+ Bride and Groom and Counting!

#16 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
          • 1,748 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:11 AM

I am confused on the length too!!! Anyone who ordered the VS dress that can give advice?!

Originally Posted by JPenny 

I've been debating between the Henkaa or Victoria secret dresses for my bridesmaids. Victoria secret is cheaper so if they are good I would rather get them. But for anyone who ordered them did you get the regular length or short. In the pictures the short looks really short but the regular length looks like it goes to the calf whereas I would like it go be more knee length.

I saw you were in Toronto, what store carries them?! I may go check it out!

Originally Posted by meeshie77 

The girls and I are going to the store that has them in stock next month to check them out and try on.  I'll let you know feedback once we have gone there.  Thanks for this post.  It's a great idea!

Another option is American Apparel.  The length is pretty good but they aren't the "shiny" jersey material so they may be a little too casual for some.  This is the other one we are debating on and only $40!!!!!

#17 AfricanVenus

AfricanVenus
            • 328 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:42 AM

I ordered a version from an an Etsy seller, Erin Nicole Boutique. She makes the dresses herself, and fits them to size. I'm getting the dresses around June 18 and can show you what they look like around then. I've seen wedding photos where brides use these dresses, and they photograph beautifully. Maybe they don't look so great in person for some versions, but they photograph well I think which is important too. My dressmaker would do it in matte jersey or shiny, which was really just the reverse side. I chose shiny because they look better on camera.

Heaven endures and the Earth lasts a long time, because they do not live for themselves. ~~Our story endures: June 25, 2011~~
              Wedsite: kosha.projectwedding.com

#18 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
              • 1,252 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:25 AM

wow thanx for the info ladies. i was looking at these, but not now so thank you

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#19 Leah2012

Leah2012
                • 154 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:15 PM

Thanks for the etsy details! There are so many convertible dresses on there for cheap and in so many colors! i have been looking at all the convertible dresses from dessy etc and cant find one in the right color! Thanks so much!!

Originally Posted by AfricanVenus 

I ordered a version from an an Etsy seller, Erin Nicole Boutique. She makes the dresses herself, and fits them to size. I'm getting the dresses around June 18 and can show you what they look like around then. I've seen wedding photos where brides use these dresses, and they photograph beautifully. Maybe they don't look so great in person for some versions, but they photograph well I think which is important too. My dressmaker would do it in matte jersey or shiny, which was really just the reverse side. I chose shiny because they look better on camera.

#20 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
                  • 1,008 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by AfricanVenus 

I am very curious to what it does look like if you can post when you get a chance..?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users