Help me choose between these sites in Jamaica......Grand Palladium, Iberostar Rose Hall... Riu all montego bay.

My Fiance and I have set a date, and tentatively have put a deposit in with The Grand Palladium resort in  Lucea.  We have been to the resort 2x and had a great time each time.  However we have never been at the other 2 resorts so we do not have a comparison.

We are expecting a minimum of 50 friends and family joining us next August 20, 2011.

After just visiting this past week, we found out that they want to charge us beyond the $2000 "wedding package" that each person beyond the included 8 people is 20$ per head for setup fee, etc., and if we have more than 35 people, we need to reserve a separate space because the restaurants are too small to accommadate us.  They want to charge us an additional $45 per person beyond the 35 people. 

To me that sounds ridiculous., I was expecting that the more people we brought, the more they would include in this price.

Do you guys have any feedback about this situation, or how the other resorts handle these situations?

Also, beyond the money, what are the other resorts like?  We are going to have 30-40 younger people, so we will want to have alot of fun, and I think the palladium does a decent job of accommodating that many, but how about the other two resorts?

I have heard good things about Iberostar, but I do not know what the ambiance of the resort is.

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated, because right now I'm freaking out and deffinately do not want to spend an extra 4 grand to have my wedding  at the palladium.

Thanks very much

Jason

Go on Iberostar's website and look at their wedding packages so you can compare their prices. I know that a plus is that they only do one wedding per day which is rare for an AI resort.

You have to be so careful with these resorts because their fees can be misleading. I was looking at Rose Hall Hilton and that is a beautiful resort, their ceremony fees are not bad but the reception costs and then to hire vendors off site is insane how much they want.

I know for me the whole reason for planning a destination wedding was to save money and to have great pics on the beach:)

• 4 weeks later...

My fiance and I visited the Rose Hall Hilton over the weekend and the hotel is beautiful, but like you said the reception fees are what can kill ya. We also visited Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, liked it, but wished we had also scheduled a visit to see the Suites as well. Decisions decisions! Wherever we decide will definitely be cost effective though!

Please LISTEN to these women....They are all right! They helped me so much. Rose Hall Hilton has a lot of HIDDEN fees that can kill your budget. I was going to have my wedding there and when I asked for an estimate for everything it was almost $13,000!!!! In all honesty most resorts charge per guest over a certain number that attend your wedding for set-up etc. We went with Iberostar Suites because there are no hidden costs and every past bride I have spoken with confirmed there bill was exactly what they thought and sometimes less! Not to mentionThe Iberostar is beautiful!! Hope this helps. Good Luck and let me know if I can be of any help.

Thanks Mischka your post definitely helped me!! I am confirmed to be wed at Iberostar Suites on Sept 9, 2011!!!

Originally Posted by mischka View Post

Please LISTEN to these women....They are all right! They helped me so much. Rose Hall Hilton has a lot of HIDDEN fees that can kill your budget. I was going to have my wedding there and when I asked for an estimate for everything it was almost $13,000!!!! In all honesty most resorts charge per guest over a certain number that attend your wedding for set-up etc. We went with Iberostar Suites because there are no hidden costs and every past bride I have spoken with confirmed there bill was exactly what they thought and sometimes less! Not to mentionThe Iberostar is beautiful!! Hope this helps. Good Luck and let me know if I can be of any help.

• 2 weeks later...

Going through the same dilemma right now.  Disappointed to hear about the poor wedding coordination at GPJ.  Actually been to IRHS and loved it, but just wanted to try something new.  However, if that was the best, guess will stick with it. Visiting JA next month, maybe will see something that will catch my eye!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah I think all of the resorts have the hidden fee thing, were getting married at the GPLH next april, and already im looking at 600.00 in fees. between bringing our own photographer to the reception dinner....i just figured with all the ppl coming and all staying at their resort it would be a little better.

I cant complain to much however, I love the resort and the W/C manager is such a peach and has been great to work with and the site itself is so beautiful cant wait till 2012 lol

• 2 weeks later...

I am TRYING to get married (LOL) in Jamaica next May... we have nothing booked yet? and are just getting our StD's out this week... Unfortunately they lack information as we haven't picked a resort. We have it narrowed down to the Iberostar and Grand Palladium (pending cost)... but are finding it difficult to choose.

I don't want to get married on the beach (haha i know.. wierd eh!) but rather a garden gazebo overlooking the ocean... private with beautiful scenery.

The GP offers a beautiful gazebo overlooking the ocean but the Iberostar doesn't seem to have anything like that??? All I can see at the Iberostar is a beach location (which I don't want!). But we've heard sketchy things about the GP resort (in terms of WC's, fees, etc) sooo we're not sure???? We're expecting around 30 people.

Does anyone have any suggestions to pick between the two?

Most important things:

Garden gazebo.. or private area.. overlooking ocean

good food

good service

kid friendly

and reasonable group rates!

If anyone is willing to share their group rates with me, please send me a private message.

We've never been to a resort so this will be a first for us... we have NO IDEA what to expect and how much it will cost our guests! We received group rates a month ago and they were over $1700 pp... which is just way too much! We are hoping they will come down significantly?????????????????????

ANY suggestions would be appreciated!!!

HEY alysia85:

We have our wedding booked for April 14th 2012 at the GPLH, so I can help you with info on this resort, as we have booked everything there! we have picked the WAVES OF LOVE PACKAGE worth 2300.00...this includes our flowers for me FI bridesmaid...groomsman....mother of bride and groom plus all decor flowers. We are having our wedding at the garden gazebo, which i have pics of, this package also has a semi private reception dinner included in price, however we are doing the private reception in the blue lagoon which is going to cost us 45.00 a person over 8 ppl.

which i also have pics of in my album on my profile page. Also the wedding ceremony does have a charge of 20.00 extra for persons over 8. But again this is standard.

The only added fee that I have come across, is the set up fee for the reception...if they do it, it will cost 200.00 however, my family and friends will be doing it for us! but that is standard fee for set up in any resort that ive found so far.

When it comes to the W/C I have been in contact with her via phone and e-mail and to be honest with you, she has been fantastic with us. I could not be happier with our choice to get married there! as far as your other requirements heres what I have for you lol

FOOD: the menu is amazing with a ton of choices..pm me if you want more as I have the menu paperwork

SERVICE: all ive heard is that the GPLH will go out of their way for the bride and groom as well as their guests...which was so important to me and FI

KID FRIENDLY: the GPLH has not only kid sections for play, but also has babysitting options as well very kid friendly resort!

GROUP RATES: we went through a TA for our rates, and this is our price air fare was $1132.00 with taxes extra total= $1471.88 which when we were looking was the lowest price...cheaper then mexico lol lol

Iam more than happy to give you help if you do choose this resort, or have any other Q'S

Hope I helped you out a little!

Originally Posted by Alysia85 View Post

I am TRYING to get married (LOL) in Jamaica next May... we have nothing booked yet? and are just getting our StD's out this week... Unfortunately they lack information as we haven't picked a resort. We have it narrowed down to the Iberostar and Grand Palladium (pending cost)... but are finding it difficult to choose.

I don't want to get married on the beach (haha i know.. wierd eh!) but rather a garden gazebo overlooking the ocean... private with beautiful scenery.

The GP offers a beautiful gazebo overlooking the ocean but the Iberostar doesn't seem to have anything like that??? All I can see at the Iberostar is a beach location (which I don't want!). But we've heard sketchy things about the GP resort (in terms of WC's, fees, etc) sooo we're not sure???? We're expecting around 30 people.

Does anyone have any suggestions to pick between the two?

Most important things:

Garden gazebo.. or private area.. overlooking ocean

good food

good service

kid friendly

and reasonable group rates!

If anyone is willing to share their group rates with me, please send me a private message.

We've never been to a resort so this will be a first for us... we have NO IDEA what to expect and how much it will cost our guests! We received group rates a month ago and they were over $1700 pp... which is just way too much! We are hoping they will come down significantly?????????????????????

ANY suggestions would be appreciated!!!