Hurrican Dean- Jamaica & Cancun Brides- lets keep our fingers crossed

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#61 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
  • 26,161 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 09:45 AM

Thanks for that Heidi. With the exception of St. James they are all Southern parishes which is where the hurricane came closest to. Thank God the power was shut off just in case of trouble with those fallen lines. Poor Jamaica, some of these places (like Port Antonio) still haven't recovered from Ivan and now this :o(

I hope to make contact with my friend near Mo Bay again later today and a few other Jamaicans we are trying to get a hold of. I'll pass on any new info as I get it.

#62 Heidi

Heidi
    • 2,642 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 11:19 AM

Trista - check this thread out on trip advisor:

Negril forum: Couples Swept Away didn't get Swept Away...Sept Trip there - TripAdvisor
      Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#63 Heidi

Heidi
      • 2,642 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 11:22 AM

this one is about Ocho Rios: Jamaica forum: Dean is at Ocho Rios right now - TripAdvisor
        Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#64 Trista

Trista
        • 304 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 11:34 AM

THANKS Heidi, its soo appreciated~
          COUPLES ~Swept Away, JAMAICA

#65 Trista

Trista
          • 304 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 12:50 PM

G-R-E-A-T News:

I have contacted the resort directly, and they verified that all 4 resorts had minimal damage and they are taking guests as soon as the airport re-opens...I feel so relieved at this point, u have no idea~ I have cancelled my room as of yesterday so now I have to re-schedule it and hoping it can be done..I am on hold right now as we speak~

To all the other girls who are about to go through the worse part of this hurricane, my heart goes out to you...I am keeping my fingers crossed for each of you and offer my help in any way I can...I am so grateful for the wonderful girls on this forum that pulled together to offer to help me out, its truly very appreciated...
            COUPLES ~Swept Away, JAMAICA

#66 Spazz

Spazz
            • VIP Member
            • 10,482 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 12:54 PM

Trista, Soooo happy to hear this news! Hopefully the hotel realizes the situation you were in and gives you a room. Keep us updated.

#67 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
              • VIP Member
              • 4,791 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 01:08 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Trista
                G-R-E-A-T News:

I have contacted the resort directly, and they verified that all 4 resorts had minimal damage and they are taking guests as soon as the airport re-opens...I feel so relieved at this point, u have no idea~ I have cancelled my room as of yesterday so now I have to re-schedule it and hoping it can be done..I am on hold right now as we speak~

To all the other girls who are about to go through the worse part of this hurricane, my heart goes out to you...I am keeping my fingers crossed for each of you and offer my help in any way I can...I am so grateful for the wonderful girls on this forum that pulled together to offer to help me out, its truly very appreciated...

I am so happy for you and so glad to hear that these resorts had minimal damage!!!!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#68 PaulaV

PaulaV
                • VIP Member
                • 2,813 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 01:15 PM

Oh Trista! I am so happy to hear that the party will go on!!!

Let us know if you are able to re-book without problems...

#69 Alyssa

Alyssa
                  • 11,793 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 01:15 PM

Trista! that is great news for you! i hope the hotel comes through for you!

#70 DreamsTulumBride

DreamsTulumBride
                    • 766 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 01:23 PM

It's nice to hear good news...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users