Wedding Present for your Husband-To-Be

That's a great idea!  My fiance loves top gear too. LOL  I"ll have to check that out.  Thanks for the tip!

Originally Posted by JessiTaylor View Post

Everybody seems to be going for the BD photos...but im not convinced. Frankly if i wanted to give him sexy photos of me...i think he'd find it way more fun taking them himself! and yes i know...they wouldnt be professional hahaha. and i 100% agree that if i ever did it, it would have to be a female photographer. he'd hate a male one too!!

so i thought - if i can swing it in the budget...theres a company called exotic cars in cancun that let you drive cars like a lamborghini or ferrari around a race track. my fiance is more of an adrenaline experience than a gift person...and hes obsessed with cars - loves car shows like top gear, and if he sees a snazzy car on the street will take pictures of it with his camera. i have no idea why...for me a car is a car and gets you from A to B and who cares what it looks like or how fast it goes hahaha. Given that WPGbride said boudoir photos were like 600 dollars...this is (slightly) less expensive and i think he'll like it more

i thought he could do it a day or two before the wedding! I also thought of skydiving, but given i cant check safety records/standards of the companies...i want him to survive until our wedding day haha (and after obviously)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait i wrote the name wrong - its called exotic rides! If you send an email the man is so so helpful and patient, even when you write things like "i dont understand the difference between the cars, which one do i choose" hahaha. for the track experience here are the cars and prices:

Class "AAA" Cars Lamborghini Murcielago
Class "AA" cars Ferrari Ferrari F430 F1, Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG,
Class "A" cars Ferrari 612 Sacaglietti,Audi R8, Lamborghini Gallardo
Special Car Ferrari 360 Modena F1

Class "AAA" Cars $US 699.00
Class "AA" Cars $ US 379.00 
Class  "A"  Cars $US 349.00 
Special Car $ US 299.00

extra laps are 60 dollars. theres also "strip racing" for 149 dollars...where you drive a 1/4 mile strip and try to beat the best times. Also i researched it - and the most expensive one, the murcielago is apparently really not worth it for the price difference. they  will pick you up from the hotel and they have a deal where if you pay in advance they will give you 2 extra laps for free.

Tripadvisor reviews are awesome, and i emailed about 4-5 people through that website and they said it was incredible

thats all the info i know!

This is a great idea! You could even ask your maid of honor to take it to him. 

Originally Posted by Bride2012 View Post

I am having it wrapped to say "For your eyes only" and having the best man deliver it to him.  I want the photographer to be able to catch his expression when he opens it up and sees it.

Love the idea....guess why....we got matching tats once we got back.  Special and meaningful to only us.  I should post a pic. =)

Originally Posted by melissa1017 View Post

Ever since we first got together, we have talked about getting matching tattoos, like a symbol that means love or family or harmony.  Maybe we'll do that? I know we'd rather spend our money on others, so getting a gift that doesn't mean much doesn't really appeal to uus

• 2 weeks later...

How many laps are included in the base price?

Originally Posted by JessiTaylor View Post

wait i wrote the name wrong - its called exotic rides! If you send an email the man is so so helpful and patient, even when you write things like "i dont understand the difference between the cars, which one do i choose" hahaha. for the track experience here are the cars and prices:

Class "AAA" Cars Lamborghini Murcielago
Class "AA" cars Ferrari Ferrari F430 F1, Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG,
Class "A" cars Ferrari 612 Sacaglietti,Audi R8, Lamborghini Gallardo
Special Car Ferrari 360 Modena F1

Class "AAA" Cars $US 699.00
Class "AA" Cars $ US 379.00 
Class  "A"  Cars $US 349.00 
Special Car $ US 299.00

extra laps are 60 dollars. theres also "strip racing" for 149 dollars...where you drive a 1/4 mile strip and try to beat the best times. Also i researched it - and the most expensive one, the murcielago is apparently really not worth it for the price difference. they  will pick you up from the hotel and they have a deal where if you pay in advance they will give you 2 extra laps for free.

Tripadvisor reviews are awesome, and i emailed about 4-5 people through that website and they said it was incredible

thats all the info i know!

What are the rules for this gift? I thought it was something you were supposed to give him before the ceremony but things and traditions have changed so much over the years, are there any formalities to this anymore? I REALLY REALLY considering a second honeymoon for my FI. Our DW will be his first out of the country experience and he views extravagent international travel as a "once in a lifetime experience". He had his heart set on St. Lucia for our wedding and we chose not to because of the cost for our guests. I really want to take him there so he can see the mountains and the waterfalls which are things he raved about when he first began to research the island. Is a big gift (kinda self serving because Im always ready for a vacay) but I know for a fact he would absolutely love it. We dont marry until March 2013, my parents are contributing significantly (he doesnt know that yet), and we already have a 20% down payment for a home that we will begin searching for after we're married, so theres wiggle room in the budget for the cost of the trip. there arent many things that wow him or make him show or express emotions so i think its super worth it

KCdawn i dont know off the top of my head, but im contacting them within the next week or so to book (as i finally firmed up my venue and date) he did say if you book and pay online in advance he will give you 2-3 free laps and someone on tripadvisor mentioned special deals if you mention them. keep an eye on this thread and i will post the info asap =)

the thing that most struck me though - was while there arent many reviews, they are nearly all excellent. and every single man i contacted  replied super quickly and raved about it like it was the best thing theyd ever done and urged me to buy it for him. (and they cant all be plants from the company surely...not ten different people?!)

Jay berry - there arent really any official rules, in fact some people dont give a gift at all. if you know he will love it and you guys can afford it - go for it!! some people like sentimental things that their husbands can keep (like i dont know..watches) some people like experiences/holidays. for me theres no better feeling in the world than getting the perfect gift (i think i even prefer to it receiving presents,)

ive travelled a lot but my fiance has rarely left mexico (like hes crossed the border to texas and then gone to visit me in england before i moved here to monterrey but thats it) so when we visited my family in london they took us both on a trip somewhere truly different - sweden to see the northern lights, and he was truly blown away (i mean hed never even seen snow). people who dont travel much appreciate it so so much more than frequent travellers. i think your fiance will love it!! if it was a choice between a vacation and something you need (like if you didnt have the down payment) i guess id be miss sensible and say find something smaller...but since youre sorted financially itll be incredibly...and even better you get to enjoy it too!!