Photo

Jamaican Photographer - Marcia Roberts - THE BEST!!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 queen417

queen417
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:02 AM

My daughter was married at Couples Swept Away on 8/16/10. Best decision we made was hiring Marcia Roberts to do the photography. We had to pay the resort a $500.00 fee to allow an outside photographer handle the pictures, but it was well worth it. She worked with us on the price knowing that we had to pay the vendor fees, but I didn't want to skimp on anything. We received 2 discs which included approx 700 photos, 2 discs that contained the slide shows, 2 copies of the video, and a picture book. The pictures arrived within 2 weeks of the wedding. Marcia kept in close contact with us through out the time I hired her until the pictures were delivered.

Marcia and her assistant and a videographer arrived at the resort 2 hours ahead of time. So very professional and so very nice. The pictures speak for themselves. You can view them on her website www.jamaicanphotography.com, under Andrea & Jonathan. Their is also a Youtube video link on that website that was amazing. The wedding was great and the fact that I have these pictures for memories makes me a very happy person!

#2 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
    • 2,233 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 04:12 AM

She is great!  I have also hired her for my July 8/11 wedding at Couples Sans Souci!

Thanks for sharing reveiw and links!

July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#3 jonesr1979

jonesr1979
      • 235 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:50 AM

I have also just booked Marcia as of Yesterday sooo excited!!!! Sungold was quoting 4200 for Damian and Paula and i wasn't sold on there associates work who were much cheaper

#4 delgadot

delgadot
        • 284 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:36 PM

Thank you so much for the review on Marcia. I am struggling to find a reasonable photographer and videographer. I had contacted Sungold as well and their work is amazing but their price is way too high. So it is nice to hear that Marcia is reasonable. I have tried to contact her for quotes but have been unsuccessful I will keep trying:(

#5 queen417

queen417
          • 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 02:33 PM

Worked with her mostly thru email, but did speak to her on the phone. She speaks very clearly even with her Jamaican accent, which I had some trouble with other photographers. Good Luck!

#6 CBREWSTER

CBREWSTER
            • 190 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 04:35 PM

Thanks for the information ladies. I am looking for a photographer also and look to see good reviews.

#7 wendyjd

wendyjd
              • 968 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 03:14 AM

Hi, I have to concur with queen!  I don't have my CD's yet, but my pics were just posted on our her website yesterday.  They are fantastic.  Check them out if you want.  There is no comparison between the pics they took versus our snapshots from guests. Wendy and Mark.

http://www.jamaicanphotography.com/

#8 toesinsand30

toesinsand30
                • 82 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 09:51 AM

if anyone getting married at GBP i asked Beverly and there is no charge to bring in an outside photographer :)

October 18, 2011 Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                  I married my bestfriend with 60 of our closest family and friends

and I would do it all over again :D

#9 JamaicaSukie

JamaicaSukie
                  • 75 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:56 AM

Wow!  I have her booked on 7/7/11 for my wedding at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites.  Her pics look great so I'm sure I made the right choice.

Originally Posted by sunstarsmoon 

She is great!  I have also hired her for my July 8/11 wedding at Couples Sans Souci!

Thanks for sharing reveiw and links!

Marrying the love of my life in Jamaica on 7/7/12 and have 11 people booked so far!!

#10 Yardie

Yardie
                    • Banned
                    • 24 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:10 PM

I'm so happy that most of the resorts in Jamaica do not charge a fee like Couples Swept Away!!  But I was quoted a price of 3000.00 for Paula and Damian.  This was their recent pricing. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users