AHR MC, need advice

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Aumuller

• 365 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 12:40 PM

Hey everyone I need some advice here. We are having a pretty formal AHR. It will essentially be the same reception we would have had if we didn't have a destination wedding. I am wondering we would like to choose an MC who is my FI brother in law. However, he isn't going to be able to make it to the DW. They have 4 kids and say they can't justify the cost. Is it tacky to ask him to be our MC at the AHR if he isn't at the DW???

#2 clgriffi7

• Banned
    • 630 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 01:16 PM

I don't think it is tacky - I don't think there should be any consideration based on whether he was able to attend the DW.  I think you should ask him but let him know you would understand if he said no so that he could enjoy the reception with his wife and kids.  So I say ask him (because he might be offended if you don't), but ask him in a way that he has an easy out if he would prefer not to do it.

Good luck.

#3 Aumuller

• 365 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 09:47 PM

Thanks for the advice. I think I will ask him because he is always who we were planing on asking before we decided on the destination wedding.

#4 Amiep603

• 184 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:07 AM

i dont think its tacky and its a good way to keep him involved in the wedding

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users