Sign in to follow this  
Samland

Azul Beach Reception Ideas

How many people are you having at your wedding?  36 Adults, 2 kids & 1 infant

Are most people staying at Azul or are some of your guests staying at other resorts.  3 people are staying off property in the town of Puerto Morelos to save $$$$. It will cost us $100 each for an 8 hour day pass to allow them on resort property with the all - inclusive food and beverage service

Are you working with Lomas Travel? Yes. Carolina Guerrero is my wedding coordinator

Are you having a rehearsal dinner? If yes, where? Not really. Our plan is to host a S'mores party on the beach with a bonfire instead.

Do you have a wedding website?  If yes, would you mind sending it to me? www.theknot.com/ourwedding/samanthaandersch&brianpickett (we had some trouble with our pictures, so it's pretty basic.)

Let's definitely keep in touch and exchange ideas.

Definitely make sure you recheck those day pass prices.  That's the price for a normal day, i.e. non-wedding day.  Usually if you're having a private event on the property and they're there for your wedding, it could be that you don't have to pay for them at all.  After all, you've already paid per head for them to attend your private reception.  Karisma policies change frequently, but the last I heard this was the case.

Hi!!

I would love to hear all about your recent wedding at Azul Beach Hotel!

Congrats!!!

Melissa

Originally Posted by Samland View Post

How many people are you having at your wedding?  36 Adults, 2 kids & 1 infant

Are most people staying at Azul or are some of your guests staying at other resorts.  3 people are staying off property in the town of Puerto Morelos to save $$$$. It will cost us $100 each for an 8 hour day pass to allow them on resort property with the all - inclusive food and beverage service

Are you working with Lomas Travel? Yes. Carolina Guerrero is my wedding coordinator

Are you having a rehearsal dinner? If yes, where? Not really. Our plan is to host a S'mores party on the beach with a bonfire instead.

Do you have a wedding website?  If yes, would you mind sending it to me? www.theknot.com/ourwedding/samanthaandersch&brianpickett (we had some trouble with our pictures, so it's pretty basic.)

Let's definitely keep in touch and exchange ideas.

Does anyone know what the dress code is at Azul Beach, like in the restaurants?  The Karisma website says what I've pasted below in bold, but I'm wondering how strictly it's enforced.  No shorts and tank tops, at a beach resort?  Seems a bit strict. 

To enhance your dinning experience, our restaurants dress code is strictly enforced for dinner. No T-shirts, tank-tops, shorts, bermudas, tennis shoes or beach sandals.

We're doing our wedding there in July, sight unseen!  Thanks!

Hi guys,

I am looking to book Azul Beach as well as I hear they have the nicest Beach of all the Karisma properties and that the Sensatori currently has a lot of Coral in the shallows which is great for snorkling but not good for swimming or for young kiddies...

Beach says they can hold max 60 in their events - has anyone heard of them allowing bigger parties like 70-80 guests and can they hold a reserv with 30-40 rooms????

Gracias my fellow Mayan Mavens!!!

M&M Nov 2011

We've booked our wedding for Azul Beach in July 2011. I went to visit in February and loved it! I haven't gotten much past the resort-picking phase though. I'm not quite sure what to do next. I'm going through Lomas Travel, and I've looked over their spreadsheet a bit. I'm not sure what I want the actual day to look like, schedule-wise. Any advice?

I was at Azul Beach in February. I never saw anyone turned away from a restaurant, even if they weren't meeting those requirements. Especially at lunch I often saw people in their suits and cover-ups.

Hi Congratulations!  How was your big day!  I'm getting married at Azul Beach on Oct 15, 2011 so would be interested to hear your feedback.

Again congratulations!

I'm getting Married at Azul Beach October 22, 2011! I would love to hear some reviews and where everyone else is having their reception! We have a small enough group to book the Wave Lounge-any suggestions on decor with the limited space?