Anyone having bridesmaids not wear dresses on the beach??

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jenrick

• 163 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:41 AM

We are having a casual beach wedding in Antigua and I'm wondering what to put my 2 bridesmaids in.  I'm going to wear a long simple white dress and my FI is wearing the usual khaki pants and white shirt.  Has anyone else had bridesmaids that didn't wear dresses, but something more casual?  We're taking a cruise and getting off the boat in Antigua and going to the beach location for the wedding.  I want it to look nice but real beachy casual also.

Please post pictures if possible.  Thanks!

#2 bikegirl

• Banned
    • 319 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:16 PM

Do you mean you want them to wear pants instead or just that you want them to wear a more casual outfit, but still a dress?

I still like the idea of the ladies wearing a dress just for that contrast between the guys beach wear and the girls but I think with destination weddings you can definitely go more casual!

If it is pants you're thinking of, then I would put them in the same khaki/white shirt outfit as the guys since a different color pants/top combo would stand out too much and distract from the bride (IMO!) but maybe just have the cut a lot more feminine?

My FI's sister-in-law wore a pair of fitted lowrise white dress pants and a tailored white vest (nothing underneath as it was an outdoor wedding) and she looks amazing. Maybe a pair of tailored khaki linens in this case?

#3 beaz2be

• 256 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:38 PM

I don't have any pics but have seen a bride who's BMs wore jean shorts and pink tank tops!  It looked great!  I would think white shorts or nice khaki ones would look lovely too...

#4 jenrick

• 163 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 04:51 PM

Thanks girls, maybe knee shorts and nice shirts for the girls.  I also like the vest idea!!  That sounds cool.

#5 Nickj

• 22 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 02:01 AM

That is the occasion of your wedding don't you think you should look different from your casual days. There are many wedding gowns you should try them. Ya if you don't like than its ok to wear a jeans with top.

#6 jenrick

• 163 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 04:54 AM

I'm wearing a wedding dress, just not a real fancy one and my FI is wearing khaki pants and white shirt.  This is the second marriage for me and my FI.  We've both already had the big wedding (I had 10 bridesmaids), so this time we wanted to keep it more simple. Plus going on a cruise, I'm thinking about space issues.  I just want something more simple and casual looking, but still nice.

#7 HazelsMelody

• 169 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 09:45 AM

My sister is my maid of honour and she refuses to wear dresses so I want her to wear similar khaki pants as the guys with a dress shirt the same colour as my flowergirls. Different from the guys because she is on my side, but still uniform.

Iberostar Varadero
                25 March 2011
                Bride & Groom and kids + 20 booked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users