Sign in to follow this  
msredd3129

Outside DJ at Moon Palace?

I know the Moon Palace has a no outside vendor policy. I know that some people get around this with photographers by booking them 1 night stay. I was wondering if I could do the same with the DJ? Moon Palace wants $1400 for a DJ that I have heard wasn't great.Does anyone know?

I inquired about this through my TA and she was told by my MP WC that all I have to do is purchase a day pass for them. I've noticed that MP tells every bride differently. I'd say just purchase a 1 night stay & mention that a family friend will provide music. I would wait till the night before the wedding to mention anything because you'll need to know where they're going to set up. If you ask, they'll either say "NO" or will try to get money out of you.

Aventura Cove and Spa has a strick no. Because they have to unload all their audio equipment and use Palace Resorts electricity I would advise against trying to sneak one in. A photographer would be np to sneak in. Its what I am doing. I hired Del Sol and am in LOVE with them! www.delsolphotography.com/blog/

But anyways...I know that one girl that tried to hire an outside vendor for audio was told by Palace Resorts that the DJ would need to buy insurance to bring equipment on the property.

We have in our contract with Palace Resorts that we can hire outside vendors.  End of story.  Nothing else was ever mentioned, besides the fact that we're needing to buy day passes for them.  We've already hired del Sol Photography and we're hiring Fernando and his crew to do our makeup and hair.  Fernando even gives a price break because of the day pass we have to purchase, he's just awesome. 

It definitely took some insisting on my part, but they definitely are open to outside vendors.  Also, I've gotten prices from 2 inhouse Palace Resorts DJ's and they're really expensive.  One guy I met in person a couple days ago and he told me $1100 for 3 hours!!!  The other one I'm working with on pricing is $900.  I'd like to hire an outside DJ though.....fingers crossed that it works.

Thanks for the info ladies...I have emailed my coordinator and I'm waiting for a response. I have gotten a quote from an outside dj for $550 for 4-5 hrs. I have to check my contract and see if it addresses outside vendors. Shelbs..I would also like info on Fernando if you don't mind...PM me.

Thanks for the info. I just received a quote from Moon Palace on photography and i'm done- I'm either bringing someone from the states with me or hiring a local. What do I need to do/say to get an outside vendor on the property?  If you could tell me what you did it would be so helpful!!!

i went to a friends wedding at Moon Palace and the music was horrible!!!!  do not book that dj, do whatever you have to do to get around using him

Can you tell me the process as to how you got this written in your contract?!?! Thanks!

Originally Posted by shelbs97 View Post

We have in our contract with Palace Resorts that we can hire outside vendors.  End of story.  Nothing else was ever mentioned, besides the fact that we're needing to buy day passes for them.  We've already hired del Sol Photography and we're hiring Fernando and his crew to do our makeup and hair.  Fernando even gives a price break because of the day pass we have to purchase, he's just awesome. 

It definitely took some insisting on my part, but they definitely are open to outside vendors.  Also, I've gotten prices from 2 inhouse Palace Resorts DJ's and they're really expensive.  One guy I met in person a couple days ago and he told me $1100 for 3 hours!!!  The other one I'm working with on pricing is $900.  I'd like to hire an outside DJ though.....fingers crossed that it works.