Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tvt

what did you feel right before you walked down the aisle?

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by starchild View Post
Honestly I was 100000% at peace. True my WC handed me a shot glass 15 seconds before I made my appearance (and that was after margaritas, champagne, and shots prior to that) but I was so ready. I spent the day at Las Caletas swimming/getting massaged/napping/and just being with my girls. A few hours before the ceremony I laid out on a hammock up in the hills overlooking the emerald water and I wrote my vows. It was incredibly relaxing.

When I made my way down to walk out, I ran into the gm's who were waiting for us and my "song" started to play. That's when it hit me - this is it! I felt freakin fabulous, no nerves, no jitters, just a perfect peace in knowing this is so natural and so right. Sounds corny but it was true, the only thing I felt besides peace was excitement...I couldn't wait to see the love of my universe waiting for me at the edge of the ocean. It was magical, a strange calm that I didn't expect to feel because I thought all brides freak out at the last minute . . . I think I watch too many wedding shows..lol

We hadn't seen each other in like 11 hours so I was dying to see him. When I finally did, and got to the end of the aisle, we kissed each other which felt normal to us, but someone later said we weren't supposed to kiss until the end....hahaha....nobody could have stopped us :o)
Oh that is beautiful. I am teary-eyed now. I hope I have that peace, but I know I will be anxious ... not nervous, but anxious with anticipation -- and giddy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by starchild View Post
Honestly I was 100000% at peace. True my WC handed me a shot glass 15 seconds before I made my appearance (and that was after margaritas, champagne, and shots prior to that) but I was so ready. I spent the day at Las Caletas swimming/getting massaged/napping/and just being with my girls. A few hours before the ceremony I laid out on a hammock up in the hills overlooking the emerald water and I wrote my vows. It was incredibly relaxing.

When I made my way down to walk out, I ran into the gm's who were waiting for us and my "song" started to play. That's when it hit me - this is it! I felt freakin fabulous, no nerves, no jitters, just a perfect peace in knowing this is so natural and so right. Sounds corny but it was true, the only thing I felt besides peace was excitement...I couldn't wait to see the love of my universe waiting for me at the edge of the ocean. It was magical, a strange calm that I didn't expect to feel because I thought all brides freak out at the last minute . . . I think I watch too many wedding shows..lol

We hadn't seen each other in like 11 hours so I was dying to see him. When I finally did, and got to the end of the aisle, we kissed each other which felt normal to us, but someone later said we weren't supposed to kiss until the end....hahaha....nobody could have stopped us :o)
Awww Jamy - that really was beautiful. I absolutely love that story, thanks for sharing. I am going to try and remember that the day I marry Martin - I think it will give me strength. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by starchild View Post
Honestly I was 100000% at peace. True my WC handed me a shot glass 15 seconds before I made my appearance (and that was after margaritas, champagne, and shots prior to that) but I was so ready. I spent the day at Las Caletas swimming/getting massaged/napping/and just being with my girls. A few hours before the ceremony I laid out on a hammock up in the hills overlooking the emerald water and I wrote my vows. It was incredibly relaxing.

When I made my way down to walk out, I ran into the gm's who were waiting for us and my "song" started to play. That's when it hit me - this is it! I felt freakin fabulous, no nerves, no jitters, just a perfect peace in knowing this is so natural and so right. Sounds corny but it was true, the only thing I felt besides peace was excitement...I couldn't wait to see the love of my universe waiting for me at the edge of the ocean. It was magical, a strange calm that I didn't expect to feel because I thought all brides freak out at the last minute . . . I think I watch too many wedding shows..lol

We hadn't seen each other in like 11 hours so I was dying to see him. When I finally did, and got to the end of the aisle, we kissed each other which felt normal to us, but someone later said we weren't supposed to kiss until the end....hahaha....nobody could have stopped us :o)
Aww, that is so sweet!!!

At the wedding this past weekend the bride and groom had just got done reciting some beautiful vows and the groom leans in and grabs the brides head to kiss her. She had her hands planted against his stomach like "No! not yet" and then he says "i just had to get one!" it was so cute!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxytv View Post
Oh that is beautiful. I am teary-eyed now. I hope I have that peace, but I know I will be anxious ... not nervous, but anxious with anticipation -- and giddy!
Giddy - that's a good one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeLynne View Post
Awww Jamy - that really was beautiful. I absolutely love that story, thanks for sharing. I am going to try and remember that the day I marry Martin - I think it will give me strength. :)
You will be so excited to marry Martin nerves may go out the window. If nothing else, as soon as you lay eyes on him you'll feel the calm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvt View Post
Aww, that is so sweet!!!

At the wedding this past weekend the bride and groom had just got done reciting some beautiful vows and the groom leans in and grabs the brides head to kiss her. She had her hands planted against his stomach like "No! not yet" and then he says "i just had to get one!" it was so cute!
So funny!! Sometimes you just have to get one :o)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

both my hubby and I had a wave of calm go over us. I took a deep breath and my dad looked at me and said are you okay? I said, yes let's get this started. I was so happy. Not nervous at all. I had such a fun day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was so nervous. The last drink I had was at 1:00 p.m. when I went to my room to shower. I never inhailed and exhailed so much in one day. My eyes were watering as I was waiting to leave the room and my tummy was like butterflies. Everytime I thought about seeing him standing on the beach waiting for me, my eyes would start watering. My brother was the 1st person I saw and I started crying. I have no clue why. He told me how beautiful I looked, and I lost it. I had to regain my composure. It was so weird. When we started walking down the aisle, I saw James looking for me and it all went away. I was no longer nervous and so calm. I could tell he was nervous....it was so cute! Then I got to my dad and he was so cute and nervous too. When the preacher asked "who gives this woman away...", he stood there with his mouth by the microphone and had no clue what to say....he finally said, "I do"....haha! I was like, haven't you watched movies....you were suppose to say, "Her mother and I". Hillarious!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaG View Post
I was so nervous. The last drink I had was at 1:00 p.m. when I went to my room to shower. I never inhailed and exhailed so much in one day. My eyes were watering as I was waiting to leave the room and my tummy was like butterflies. Everytime I thought about seeing him standing on the beach waiting for me, my eyes would start watering. My brother was the 1st person I saw and I started crying. I have no clue why. He told me how beautiful I looked, and I lost it. I had to regain my composure. It was so weird. When we started walking down the aisle, I saw James looking for me and it all went away. I was no longer nervous and so calm. I could tell he was nervous....it was so cute! Then I got to my dad and he was so cute and nervous too. When the preacher asked "who gives this woman away...", he stood there with his mouth by the microphone and had no clue what to say....he finally said, "I do"....haha! I was like, haven't you watched movies....you were suppose to say, "Her mother and I". Hillarious!!

Hahaha, that's a great story!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×