Has anyone heard of Hummingbird Hall in Montego Bay?

Hey Ladies!

Osharp your vow renewal is very close! Congratulations again and cant wait to see all the beautiful pics!

Also ladies, I did finally hear back from the wedding coordinator at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites about having a welcome dinner or etc at the resort. She said yes that we can plan a private welcome dinner or any other functions since all my guests are staying there. The prices are kind of expensive but I choose to just have appetizers and drinks it makes a world of difference for me since I am only expecting 30-40 guests. The wedding coordinator was actually very helpful, it just takes her a long time to respond to emails.

Miss K,

Sounds like the planning is moving along. Thank you for sharing the info about a welcome dinner at the IRHS. I've been thinking about what you said about the all inclusive. Did you get your pricing through a travel agent? Does the AI price include airfare? Do you mind sharing the price of the package ou received for your 40 guests.

Congratulations again osharp.

Atalanta,

Hope the photography information was helpful! Yes we are going through a local travel agent and she was able to package my guests through Delta Vacations. Each persons package varies because of airfare because my guests are flying from different cities. Each of my guests are paying around $1100 including airfare and all inclusive hotel accomadations or so pending their departure city. But I gave them other hotel options if they wanted since Iberostar Suites was a little more pricey. It makes it nice since the wedding is at HH and so my guests can stay at any resort depending on their budget and we dont have to worry about resort fees or day passes with guests staying at different hotels.

Also I got included in my package price from HH of roundtrip transportation from the resorts to HH and back the day of the wedding. That makes it nice so that my guests dont have to worry about getting to the wedding and takes the stress off me of worrying about them making it on time and etc.

Thank you....i have been so busy...I have my final dress fitting tomorrow...hoping it goes well...I booked Roan photography and Raschel for make up.....I will post a review and photos as soon as we return...we leave here on this Friday..omg....congrats and good luck planning to each of you....

Hey Miss K,

Thanks for photography list. I haven't opened it yet (still a noob), but I had intended to have it saved for when I'm ready. I kept going back and forth about professional photography. It's crazy, but for the cost, it hasn't been that important to me. I know, crazy. Everyone kept telling me that I would regret it.

My parents didn't take any pics of their private wedding ceremony and only have candids of their reception taken and given to them by guests. I was planning to do the same because we are just hovering so close to our budget with the cost of HH alone. Then my fiance told me that one of our guests is an awesome photographer so we are just planning to have him photograph the wedding. He was planning to anyway so this works out well. Because he is a guest, we will have everything photographed: welcome/rehearsal dinner, dressing, wedding, reception, etc at a very low cost. I feel so blessed.

Wow! It is so wonderful that you can be so accommodating and thoughtful for your guests, Miss K. They will feel very spoiled. I wish I had the flexibility in my dreams and budget to do the same.  Did you get quoted a transport price before it was bundled into your package? I think I remember being told that it was too early to reserve transport when we booked in February (18 months before our date), and that one could negotiate better prices, around $200USD closer to the date. We went ahead and budgeted the $200 fee, but I've been contemplating encouraging our guests to cab it when the time comes. Since we are having so many guests, every extra thing we do is multiplied by 128, which gets pricey.

We haven't paid for anything yet, are 14 months out, and already are $1755 over budget.  I don't want to sound like the whining bride, especially since I know people will have to spend a lot of money to attend our destination wedding, but sometimes I think about all of the "non-destination weddings" in which I've participated, had to travel and come out of pocket for everything including a gift, and think that I am planning to do too much. Am I the only one feeling this way?

Would you mind sharing, how many days/nights are included in the ~1100 IRHS price?

Originally Posted by Miss K View Post

Atalanta,

Hope the photography information was helpful! Yes we are going through a local travel agent and she was able to package my guests through Delta Vacations. Each persons package varies because of airfare because my guests are flying from different cities. Each of my guests are paying around $1100 including airfare and all inclusive hotel accommodations or so pending their departure city. But I gave them other hotel options if they wanted since Iberostar Suites was a little more pricey. It makes it nice since the wedding is at HH and so my guests can stay at any resort depending on their budget and we don't have to worry about resort fees or day passes with guests staying at different hotels.

Also I got included in my package price from HH of roundtrip transportation from the resorts to HH and back the day of the wedding. That makes it nice so that my guests dont have to worry about getting to the wedding and takes the stress off me of worrying about them making it on time and etc.

Well my excitement just turned to frustration..our renewal is on Sunday so I was confirming with hummingbird our pick up times and now all of a sudden I am being told we all would get transported together..WHAT...why would I want to arrive with my guests? When would I have time to get makeup done etc.....it's amazing how things change once you pay in full....what happened to that my pleasure to help you.....I am Now looking at getting transportation for myself to arrive and then I can get transported back to iberostar with my guests...i am a little nervous about all of this....also I booked makeup with Raschel and I am still waiting on a reply....it's very frustrating to get no response from vendors.....l also booked RoanPhotography since hummingbird no longer has a photographer...I am so rethinking this renewal outside of iberostar suites.. I hope i made the right choice....should I be nervous riding in a cab by myself in Jamaica. Uggggggggggggggggg

Osharp,

I am so sorry all this is happening to you :( It will all work out in the end. I think you will be safe, im sure its daylight and many people take cabs. Another option you can have is just get ready at the hotel in advance and the go to the ceremony after your guests have been transported there. I was wondering about the times as well but just forgot to ask. Stay calm and remember this is a special day and everything will work out! Good luck!

Atatlanta,

Your so blessed to have a friend photographer, im sure that is going to work out fantastic! I totally understand about how the price sky rockets with so many guests and that is the reason we decided destination because we knew not as many people would come, that sounds bad but I dont want to be broke at the end of the day either!  My guests are staying 4/5 nights. 

Also I never actually got a price of the travel accommodations prior to my contract, so I really dont know how much it cost individually.

Osharp,

I'm with Miss K. Please don't let this misunderstanding get you nervous. Though, I am like you and am surprised that HH wouldn't have anticipated that you might desire separate travel arrangements from your guests. The cab ride should only be a few dollars from Iberostar to HH if you catch the cab from outside the gate. You will be safe and fine traveling to HH from there.

However, if you want added security, you can have Iberostar call a cab for you. You will pay at least 7-10 times as much though. In my opinion, you can cross transportation off of your things to worry about list.

In your shoes, I think I would focus my energy on trying to get in touch with the make-up artist and photographer. You are not the first bride who has expressed frustrations about vendor accessibility on these boards. In most of the cases, the communication was the only area which was lackluster. These brides ended up being really happy with the purchased services. I pray this will be the same for you.

Miss K,

Thanks for the numbers. I am so relieved to read what you wrote. I decided that I would have to have a barbeque wedding in our backyard to afford the number of guests that would come to our wedding in the states. There is nothing wrong with that wedding style, except it doesn't fit my personality.  I didn't want to compromise my dream wedding for guests. 3 cheers for the DW option.

Delgadot,

Are you there yet?

Originally Posted by osharp323 View Post

Well my excitement just turned to frustration..our renewal is on Sunday so I was confirming with hummingbird our pick up times and now all of a sudden I am being told we all would get transported together..WHAT...why would I want to arrive with my guests? When would I have time to get makeup done etc.....it's amazing how things change once you pay in full....what happened to that my pleasure to help you.....I am Now looking at getting transportation for myself to arrive and then I can get transported back to iberostar with my guests...i am a little nervous about all of this....also I booked makeup with Raschel and I am still waiting on a reply....it's very frustrating to get no response from vendors.....l also booked RoanPhotography since hummingbird no longer has a photographer...I am so rethinking this renewal outside of iberostar suites.. I hope i made the right choice....should I be nervous riding in a cab by myself in Jamaica. Uggggggggggggggggg

I am so sorry to hear that the transportation issue was not clarified. I have been in contact with Reggae Tours and Gregg has been such a delight to work with. You should maybe get in contact with them for transportation especially if you tell him the situation they might be able to work something out for you. Also I will be staying at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites too so we will be there at the same time:)