• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 Tropical Love

Tropical Love
  • Site Supporter
  • 171 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:25 PM

Valentine Baby,

At first I was totally okay with having AHR BBQ the summer of 2012.  It was going to either be in our backyard or a park pavillion and have it catered. But now Im leaning towards when we get back.  The only problem is not knowing how much money we're going to have left after the wedding. 

WEDDING PLANNING BLOWS sometimes!

Hi Tropical Love,

I'm in the same boat as you - we are getting married in October 2011 and it has been suggested to wait until summer 2012 to have AHR.  I really don't want to wait that long to have a reception (if we end up having one at all).  Mind you it wouldnt be so bad to even have a family / close friends bbq the summer of 2011 that way those who are unable to make it can still celebrate your marriage with you.

This is also something that been coming up in conversation and I don't have an answer to this as well.

And they said planning a destination wedding would be easy lol

#12 Tropical Love

Tropical Love
    • Site Supporter
    • 171 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 11:20 AM

FH, my closest Aunt and myself have decided to have a party the following summer to celebrate. By that time we'll have some more money saved and this will prevent me from having to worry about one more thing after the wedding. Plus, I really didn't want people to have to travel to the northeast in November right before Thanksgiving!

Thank you ladies for all you suggestion and advice. I really do love this website! I'd be lost without it!

#13 Amiep603

Amiep603
      • 184 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:01 AM

we are getting married in feb 2011 and having our ahr in june because it will be summer then and i want to have it out side. also i am going to send out save the dates for the ahr soon so people wont feel weird about coming to my shower

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users