Photo

Gran Caribe Real Brides 2012

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#41 KernsWR

KernsWR
  • 60 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:27 AM

Hi Vianeyph! Welcome and congrats. My date is February 2012. I think for both Catholic packages the priest is included with the price. It should have it listed on their website under packages bc I remember seeing "Bilingual priest" under the package? I chose the Royal Catholic wedding package. Is that what you chose?

#42 mysecreteden

mysecreteden
    • 79 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:03 AM

Hello All,

Another new Canadian bride here who is also having the wedding at Gran Caribe. Our date is set for May 16, with 4pm ceremony and 6pm reception. So excited!!!

Also, I have question regarding outside vendor fee. I am planning to hire an outside photographer, and read in a review that if you rent a room for your photographer, then you can avoid the vendor fee? Is it true, and can you arrange that with your WC? Or do you just book a room for them and include them in the guest list without informing your WC?

THANKS in advance :)

#43 Lidya Solemidt

Lidya Solemidt
      • 42 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:55 AM

Welcome and CONGRATULATIONS for your upcoming Wedding!!! 

#44 mandijacole

mandijacole
        • 156 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:47 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum!

#45 Txgirl001

Txgirl001
          • 43 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:00 PM

Hi Im Rebeca and just booked my wedding for June 23 2012!!! omg , i'm super excited.... glad to find people i can get advise from:)

#46 Txgirl001

Txgirl001
            • 43 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:12 PM

Hello all and congrats to everyone!!! I'm so excited. I really think this is a good choice. I just booked mine for June 2012 beach front ceremony then deciding for reception on beach or on the terrace? any advise. Is there any place for dancing after our wedding?

#47 KellySmith

KellySmith
              • 4 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:16 AM

Hi Everyone..

I've just booked my wedding at Gran Caribe.

Getting married on the 2nd June at 1pm at the Gazeebo and then having out wedding reception at Albatros i think (not booked that yet) it's only a semi private one so we oly have the choice of Marias, Albatros, Sunset Grill or Graviotas for it, 2 inside 2 outside- can anyone reccommend the best- im thinking albatros- inside with aircon and big glass windows.

Also the timings im a bit unsure of- we get married at 1, 30 mins for ceremony, an hour for pics would hake us to 2.30pm and we can either have the reception at 3pm or 6pm- im not sure whether 3pm would be a bit too much of a rush incase we take some of our own pics ect- does anyone else think this... would 6pm be best?

Any advice would be great.

Kelly

#48 bride100

bride100
                • 1 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:41 PM

Hi Kelly,

Your wedding is the same day as mine!!!! ... but yours is earlier!!

Our wedding will start at 4 PM at the chapel then at 5:00 PM the ceremony in the GCR gazebo and then a beach front cocktail + private reception from 6 to10 PM.

We did our site visit last june.... I think Albatros is very nice, I love the beach view and the air-con is sooo necessary during June!!!! So, if you decide to go for the 3 PM I recommend Albatros or Marias, though I'm not sure you can do the 3 pm at Marias, since it's only open for dinner. From that 2 options, the more private is Marias, since it's only available trough reservations, but you don't get the same view as Albatros.

The Sunset Grill is nice too, we had dinner once there and I liked the view of the Laguna, you may ask what time is the best to catch up the sunset and that will be nice too. Gaviotas is very near to the biggest pool so, at least during the weekend that I spend there (the 2nd of june '11) was usually noisy during the day, but during dinner it seems nice and quiet.

I hope that can help you!!!

Good luck with your planning!!

#49 Txgirl001

Txgirl001
                  • 43 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:29 PM

Hello ladies I'm Rebeca. and I am almost booked at the GCR for 02/14/2012! I'm so excited....still so much planning left.

Nice to meet you all

#50 Txgirl001

Txgirl001
                    • 43 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:30 PM

Hello ladies I'm Rebeca. and I am almost booked at the GCR for 02/14/2012! I'm so excited....still so much planning left.

Nice to meet you all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users