Gran Caribe Real Brides 2012

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#171 Caro33

Caro33
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:46 AM

Hello Brides!

I got married at the Royal Cancun & Gran Caribe Real last Saturday November 3rd. First of all I want to tell you that if you have any doubts about having a destination wedding, don’t! This is the way to go!

We had 60+ guests that came from everywhere (South America, USA, Canada, Spain and one of our friends even came from Australia). Most of our guests were in their early thirties but our parents and grandparents were also there, and there were 5 kids. We asked our guests to stay at one of the 2 Real Resorts in Cancun and they all ended up staying at the Gran Caribe, which was great because my husband and I were the only ones that stayed at the Royal. We spent most of our time at the Gran Caribe with our guests but also had some alone time at the Royal ;)

Diana Rodriguez was our wedding coordinator and she was the best!!! She was so friendly and helpful! She was great from the start, always patiently replying to my e-mails no matter how many questions I asked. We met her as soon as we got to the resort on Wednesday and we went through all the details (she already had everything written down) and then she gave us a tour. Diana was great and thanks to her everything went very smoothly on our special day! She took care of everything, talked to the photographer, DJ, made sure the guests were where they were supposed to be, etc. We also handed Diana the disposable cameras and table numbers that we wanted to have on the tables as well as the fans and flip flops that we wanted handed out after the ceremony, she took care of everything!

We got to Cancun on Wednesday and most of our guests got there on Thursday. We hanged out by the beach with them during the day and Thursday night we met at the Lobby Bar and Friday night we met at the Trade Winds Beach bar, it was great!

We chose the “Royal Catholic Wedding” package and added some extra hours to the reception since our guests came a long way to be with us on our special day.

Ceremony

We got married in the chapel at 4:00 pm. It is amazing!!! It looks even better in person. We had the violinist, very nice!

Cocktail hour

We had the cocktail hour at the beach. It was very nicely decorated and the food was great! We also had the mariachi trio, it was a very nice touch, everyone seemed to enjoy it.

Reception

I wasn’t sure about having the reception in a ballroom, I wanted to have the reception on the beach but that meant that the party had to finish at 10 pm (our party ended at 2 am). The ballroom looked beautiful! The lights that the DJ brought also helped to create a great atmosphere. The food was excellent and very well presented. Because the party lasted until 2 am we decided to have Mexican food at 1 am, it was delicious!

DJ

We hired DJ Mannia through the resort. They were great! Gisela from DJ Mannia e-mailed me a couple of weeks before the wedding. We sent them the songs that we wanted for the first dance, cake cutting, bouquet toss, etc. as well as some of the songs we wanted them to play throughout the night. They played all the songs requested and kept all of our guests dancing all night (even those that don’t normally dance)

Photographer

I think pictures are VERY important on your wedding day. I’m so glad we hired Cesar Rioja as our photographer. Cesar works for Funnever, which we hired through the resort. Gloria from Funnever was very friendly and responded very promptly to all my e-mails prior to the wedding.

Cesar is an amazing photographer, and you can tell that he really enjoys his job! I haven’t received the pictures yet but he showed us a couple of pictures while he was taking them and they looked great. I can’t wait to see them all; it’s going to be very difficult to choose the best ones! Initially we had hired Cesar for 6 hours but after seeing how good he was we asked him to stay for 2 extra hours.

We also hired the videographer from Funnever for the ceremony. I can’t wait to see the video!

Hair & Make-up

All my bridesmaids had their hair done at the resort’s spa. The woman that did my hair and make there was great, I think her name was Erika. I was a little bit worried about not having a hair and makeup trial, but she did an amazing job! I brought pictures on my iPad and she did exactly what I asked for.

I have no complaints at all about our wedding day or our stay at the resort. Everything was perfect, my husband and I enjoyed our party and our guests had a great time. They kept saying this is the best wedding they’ve been to and how they want to come back to Cancun with us on our anniversary LOL.

Good luck with your planning!

#172 LaurenandDaniel

LaurenandDaniel
    • 5 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

Hi! We are getting married at the chapel and then a reception on terrace on July 22, 2013. How hot was it during your visit and on your wedding day? Thanks! Loved the Review!

#173 LoriGran

LoriGran
      • 339 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 25, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Rivera Maya
      • LocationMexico

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

Hello Ladies!! 

My FI and I have really set eyes on this resort for our July 2014 wedding. I won't be able to do a site visit until July 2013 but I'm afraid to go fall in love with the resort and when we are ready to book the dates will taken. I am so tempted to put a deposit down before the site visit. Did any of you book before a site visit? 

#174 JennyMicG

JennyMicG
      • 3 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

Lori Granados - Hello!  I had my wedding in the chapel on Nov 14, 2012.  We did not do a site visit before booking.  We loved it, the location and service were very good.  If you have any additional questions, let me know :)

#175 LoriGran

LoriGran
        • 339 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 25, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Rivera Maya
        • LocationMexico

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

JennyMicG Thanks for the advice and congratulations!! I spoke to my TA I am moving forward with booking before the site visit. My gut tells me it's the right decision and my FI agrees!

#176 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:41 AM

Hello Royal Cancun & Gran Caribe Brides and Grooms,

Just a reminder that we posted the registration information for the ROYAL Cancun & Gran Caribe Wedding Webinar Scheduled for Saturday, March 2, 2013 @ 9:00am PST.

This will be a great webinar where you can learn about the new wedding packages as well as get your wedding questions answered!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#177 monicamb

monicamb
        • 60 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:20 PM

I just got married on June 5th 2013.  I got married in the chapel.  It was pretty hot in there even though there were fans.  You will be OK but if your soon to be husband has a suit on he will probably start sweating. Weather is weird out there right now.  When I was there it rained a lot, locals were saying it hasn't rained like that in 10 years.  My regret is that I didn't have a plan in case it rained.  Make sure you have a plan.  When you get married in the chapel and it happens to be raining, were are you going to take pictures?  If the rain stops for a bit most photographers will take some pictures on the beach real quick.  Who will be part of these pictures and who's not?  Time is very limited if its raining.  

#178 monicamb

monicamb
          • 60 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:21 PM

I never did a site visit.  See pictures a posted under albums, Gran Caribe Real Resorts Cancun MX.  It took pictures of different locations at Gran Caribe & the Royal.  I just got married June 5th 2013.

#179 monicamb

monicamb
            • 60 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:25 PM

See pictures I posted.... under album named Gran Caribe Real Resorts Cancun MX in image gallery. Flowers are from Maya Floral. Cake was  made by Gran Caribe Real Resort (I brought my own wedding topper). There's also a picture of the menu. All the food was good, especially the sea food soup. That was so yummy. If I could change things, I would of added some vegetables to the main course. 

#180 gs38

gs38
              • 29 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:50 PM

How do you see albums?

See pictures I posted.... under album named Gran Caribe Real Resorts Cancun MX in image gallery. Flowers are from Maya Floral. Cake was  made by Gran Caribe Real Resort (I brought my own wedding topper). There's also a picture of the menu. All the food was good, especially the sea food soup. That was so yummy. If I could change things, I would of added some vegetables to the main course. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users