Gran Caribe Real Brides 2012

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#141 Jen Marling

Jen Marling
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:10 PM

Me and my hubby just got married at gran caribe real on March 6, 2012 at the gazebo and it was amazing. the weather wasnt great that day and we had planned an out door dinner and they were able to move it inside at the last minute without hesitation. they were so wonderful to work with. every aspect of the day was exceeding our expectations! that flowers were WAY nicer then they looked when i was picking them out from the list. and the food was by far the best meal any of our guests had the entire time they were there.

meeting with the WC was a breeze. we were there for maybe an hour to discuss how we wanted it to flow, and to discuss the decor. we brought a lot of our own decorations and they put everything together. (i thought that we might have to do it as we werent using their decorations... but we just gave all our stuff to the WC and EVERYTHING was done for us. we were actually able to relax and not have to think about the wedding until the day. it was a nice treat.

We had 56 guests there and it was a little tight in the gazibo. i would suggest if you have more then 50 guests to have it at another location.  we had only planned on 48 guests but we had 8 ppl book at the last minute (which they were able to accomodate).

it was an absolute perfect day.

i loved having it in the gazibo as i had see 2 other weddings earlier in the week that were done on the beach. and people (randoms) crowd around and some even walk infron or thru the wedding. with the gazebo being were it is, it makes it very personal and private which i liked.

we hired a photographer right from cancun. i actually found him from reviews on this forum.

we just wanted a couple hours of photography as i have been in other wedding parties where we spent 6 hours of the day taking pictures and the bridal party actually misses out on alot of the wedding which i dont like. so when i contacted Sascha Gluck to discuss what we were looking for i was happy that he offered a 2 hour package at a reasonable price. his photos were absolutly amazing so i was confident in our decision to have him photograph our wedding.

we was sooo easy to work with and has a vary creative view when it comes to photos (but not out there pix- ones you would actually develop). i would highly recommend him.

be aware that the resort does charge a fee for the photographer to be there but it is SOOOO worth it.

you still get the photos from the onsite photographer (which only 2 of the 25 photos we got were even close to being something we would print).

i know that when we were planning this forum was vary helpful for me, so i wanted to write a review from our experience.

if you have any questions dont hesitate to email me with them. its 2.jpg

#142 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

Hello Real Resorts Brides & Grooms,

We have scheduled a BDW Wedding Webinar with Gina Johnson from Real Resorts.  She will do a presentation on planning your wedding at Real Resorts (The Royal Cancun, Gran Porto, The Roal Playa del Carmen and Gran Caribe) followed by a Q & A Session.

Wendy Hicks will also be a panelist to discuss the best travel options for you: Group Block vs. Individual bookings vs. Price matching and MORE!

This is a must-attend event if you are planning a wedding at a Real resort.  

There will also be a small gift for those that attend the webinar and get married at one of the Real Resorts listed.

Reserve your spot today because space is limited.  You can find more info: Real Resorts Wedding Webinar (The Royal Cancun, Gran Porto, The Roal Playa del Carmen and Gran Caribe)

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
    Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#143 latanyaleon

• Site Supporter
    • 41 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:04 AM

Hello Ladies, I am also a GCR 2012 bride. My wedding will be July 23, 2012, our ceremony will be at 4:00 p.m. in the chapel and cocktail hour and reception at the beach! Future Mrs. Heintz, I am debating taking my own photographer to our wedding. The photographer that did our engagement photos has quoted me a really good price. I really don't want to pay the outside vendor fee, so I might just say he is a guest and not mention him at all to the coordinator! 

We are having a family member, who is a photographer do our pics. His room is booked for 3 nights and he is a wedding guest, too. I did mention it to WC. They won't definitively say if we have to pay the fee. Please let us know what happens with your photog guest.

#144 Jazzy

• 29 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:33 PM

I ended up hiring a Cancun photographer. I participated in the GCR webinar not to long ago and I think the representative from GCR stated that there would not be a fee if the photographer was family/ guest..... So idk! If they try to charge you, you might want to fight this!

#145 mizpriya

• 268 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:35 PM

i fought and managed to get them to waive the fee. My photographer is also my friend who will be a guest for 7 days... I told them I wasn't paying him anything (they can't prove otherwise) and it wasn't fair for them to charge me the "outside vendor fee" when he isnt even and outside vendor but a paying guest. They told me as long as he doesn't have crazy equipment, its fine. He just has a camera with a bunch of different sizes of lenses...who doesnt have those these days...you dont have to be a professional photog anymore to own one of those!!

#146 latanyaleon

• Site Supporter
          • 41 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:10 PM

I participated in the webinar too and was totally confused by the answer! Lol. Can't wait to hear what happens! I'm going try fighting NOW before the wedding. We will see!

#147 Jazzy

• 29 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:15 AM

We just got back from Cancun a few days ago! Our wedding was amazing, everything turned out great. Please let me know if you have any questions. Below are pics from funever photos (24 photos were included in the Royal Catholic Wedding Package). I will do a complete review once I receive my professional pics!

#148 mermaid

• 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzy 

We just got back from Cancun a few days ago! Our wedding was amazing, everything turned out great. Please let me know if you have any questions. Below are pics from funever photos (24 photos were included in the Royal Catholic Wedding Package). I will do a complete review once I receive my professional pics!

Hello everyone! This is my first post :)

You have very nice pics! I'm getting married there next year!

I read somewhere that the bride & guest have to have their shoulders covered for the ceremony at the chapel. Is that true? I noticed that you are wearing a strapless dress. Did you have any problems with that?

#149 mizpriya

• 268 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:22 AM

Aww you guys look amazing, Jazzy! Can't wait to hear your experience! Love your bouquet by the way!

#150 Catish11

• 72 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:33 AM

congrats!!! you look beautiful!! cant wait to read the review!!! :) Getting married there next 2/23!! AHHH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users