Photo

Gran Caribe Real Brides 2012

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#121 acornk

acornk
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:37 PM

My wedding is at 3 pm, cocktail hour at 3:30-4:30 pm and the reception after

Originally Posted by mizpriya 

Are you doing the 4pm time as well? and then having a reception after cocktail hour?

I know what you mean. Like I said, it seems like they are trying to get more out of you just because it's a "wedding' 

Marrying my high school sweetheart on April 7th 2012 at the Gran Caribe Real Resort

#122 mizpriya

mizpriya
    • 268 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:13 AM

acornk..your wedding is coming soon! How are you feeling?

Please let me know how it goes....I would love to hear how it all went down after all the planning! Can't wait to see pictures too :-D

#123 mysecreteden

mysecreteden
      • 79 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

I was told the same thing, if you want a gap, you gotta pay the $400. 

#124 FutureMrsHeintz

FutureMrsHeintz
        • 4 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

I just had my wedding this past week, March 28, 2012.  It was beautiful.  I will try to post a full review and pictures by the end of the week.  I'm so happy I chose this resort.  I was a little worried at first, but everything was amazing.  The Royal next door was even more beautiful (very high-end), but very quiet.  It seemed like there were mostly couples hanging out there.  The Gran Caribe seemed like it was a little more fun and there weren't too many spring breakers there which I was worried about.  The older people attending the wedding had just as much fun as the younger people.  My only regret is not booking my hair/make-up appointment earlier.  My appointment was at 1pm.  I finished around 3pm.  My wedding started at 4pm at the gazebo.  I had under an hour to get dressed, and didn't get anytime for pictures before the ceremony.  I was very happy with my hair and make-up too.  I didn't bring a picture of what I wanted and they still did a great job.  I had clip in hair extensions put in and my fake eyelashes looked real.  It was very windy and my half up hairstyle looked pretty messy by the time we were done with the ceremony and photos.  I would recommend getting the presidential suite.  It was unbelievable!!  It covered the entire end of the 6th floor, there were 6 rooms below our suite so that should tell you how large it is.  We had our cocktail reception right in the room because we had only 12 guests.  They even brought a blender up to make mixed drinks and had food set up on the large balcony.  There were several staff members up there serving everyone and making drinks.  I couldn't have asked for a better wedding.

pic3.jpg

#125 acornk

acornk
          • 68 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

Leaving for my wedding tomorrow! Our wedding will be held on Saturday, so excited yet so nervous!

I did not go all out with decorations etc, just a pretty simple wedding, hope everything goes well :)

Marrying my high school sweetheart on April 7th 2012 at the Gran Caribe Real Resort

#126 mizpriya

mizpriya
            • 268 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:55 AM

Ahhhhh! So excited for you! All the best...try not to stress too much and have as much fun as you can.

Can't wait to hear all about it hun :o)

Originally Posted by acornk 

Leaving for my wedding tomorrow! Our wedding will be held on Saturday, so excited yet so nervous!

I did not go all out with decorations etc, just a pretty simple wedding, hope everything goes well :)

#127 carol311

carol311
              • 9 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:06 AM

CONGRATS!!! I will be there for my wedding May 11 2012 Ahhhh getting nervous. Enjoy hope all goes well hope to see pics and any helpful hints??? =)

#128 Norma83

Norma83
                • 173 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:06 AM

So exciting!!  Let us know how everything goes when you get back!  Good luck with everything :)  I'm sure your wedding is going to be great!

Originally Posted by acornk 

#129 Norma83

Norma83
                  • 173 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:08 AM

Hi Carol311 - Where at the Gran are you getting married?  Our wedding is just a few days before yours :)  We're getting married in the chapel and recep at the albatros terrace.

Originally Posted by carol311 

CONGRATS!!! I will be there for my wedding May 11 2012 Ahhhh getting nervous. Enjoy hope all goes well hope to see pics and any helpful hints??? =)

#130 SparksFly

SparksFly
                    • 219 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by FutureMrsHeintz 

I just had my wedding this past week, March 28, 2012.  It was beautiful.  I will try to post a full review and pictures by the end of the week.  I'm so happy I chose this resort.  I was a little worried at first, but everything was amazing.  The Royal next door was even more beautiful (very high-end), but very quiet.  It seemed like there were mostly couples hanging out there.  The Gran Caribe seemed like it was a little more fun and there weren't too many spring breakers there which I was worried about.  The older people attending the wedding had just as much fun as the younger people.  My only regret is not booking my hair/make-up appointment earlier.  My appointment was at 1pm.  I finished around 3pm.  My wedding started at 4pm at the gazebo.  I had under an hour to get dressed, and didn't get anytime for pictures before the ceremony.  I was very happy with my hair and make-up too.  I didn't bring a picture of what I wanted and they still did a great job.  I had clip in hair extensions put in and my fake eyelashes looked real.  It was very windy and my half up hairstyle looked pretty messy by the time we were done with the ceremony and photos.  I would recommend getting the presidential suite.  It was unbelievable!!  It covered the entire end of the 6th floor, there were 6 rooms below our suite so that should tell you how large it is.  We had our cocktail reception right in the room because we had only 12 guests.  They even brought a blender up to make mixed drinks and had food set up on the large balcony.  There were several staff members up there serving everyone and making drinks.  I couldn't have asked for a better wedding.

pic3.jpg

I am trying to do the same as you! Please post pictures! I'd love to see how everything turned out! Congrats and welcome back!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users