Sign in to follow this  
Mac2012

Gran Caribe Real Brides 2012

acornk..your wedding is coming soon! How are you feeling?

Please let me know how it goes....I would love to hear how it all went down after all the planning! Can't wait to see pictures too :-D

I just had my wedding this past week, March 28, 2012.  It was beautiful.  I will try to post a full review and pictures by the end of the week.  I'm so happy I chose this resort.  I was a little worried at first, but everything was amazing.  The Royal next door was even more beautiful (very high-end), but very quiet.  It seemed like there were mostly couples hanging out there.  The Gran Caribe seemed like it was a little more fun and there weren't too many spring breakers there which I was worried about.  The older people attending the wedding had just as much fun as the younger people.  My only regret is not booking my hair/make-up appointment earlier.  My appointment was at 1pm.  I finished around 3pm.  My wedding started at 4pm at the gazebo.  I had under an hour to get dressed, and didn't get anytime for pictures before the ceremony.  I was very happy with my hair and make-up too.  I didn't bring a picture of what I wanted and they still did a great job.  I had clip in hair extensions put in and my fake eyelashes looked real.  It was very windy and my half up hairstyle looked pretty messy by the time we were done with the ceremony and photos.  I would recommend getting the presidential suite.  It was unbelievable!!  It covered the entire end of the 6th floor, there were 6 rooms below our suite so that should tell you how large it is.  We had our cocktail reception right in the room because we had only 12 guests.  They even brought a blender up to make mixed drinks and had food set up on the large balcony.  There were several staff members up there serving everyone and making drinks.  I couldn't have asked for a better wedding.

pic3.jpg

Leaving for my wedding tomorrow! Our wedding will be held on Saturday, so excited yet so nervous!

I did not go all out with decorations etc, just a pretty simple wedding, hope everything goes well :)

Ahhhhh! So excited for you! All the best...try not to stress too much and have as much fun as you can.

Can't wait to hear all about it hun :o)

Originally Posted by acornk View Post

Leaving for my wedding tomorrow! Our wedding will be held on Saturday, so excited yet so nervous!

I did not go all out with decorations etc, just a pretty simple wedding, hope everything goes well :)

So exciting!!  Let us know how everything goes when you get back!  Good luck with everything :)  I'm sure your wedding is going to be great!

Originally Posted by acornk View Post

Hi Carol311 - Where at the Gran are you getting married?  Our wedding is just a few days before yours :)  We're getting married in the chapel and recep at the albatros terrace.

Originally Posted by carol311 View Post

CONGRATS!!! I will be there for my wedding May 11 2012 Ahhhh getting nervous. Enjoy hope all goes well hope to see pics and any helpful hints??? =)

Originally Posted by FutureMrsHeintz View Post

I just had my wedding this past week, March 28, 2012.  It was beautiful.  I will try to post a full review and pictures by the end of the week.  I'm so happy I chose this resort.  I was a little worried at first, but everything was amazing.  The Royal next door was even more beautiful (very high-end), but very quiet.  It seemed like there were mostly couples hanging out there.  The Gran Caribe seemed like it was a little more fun and there weren't too many spring breakers there which I was worried about.  The older people attending the wedding had just as much fun as the younger people.  My only regret is not booking my hair/make-up appointment earlier.  My appointment was at 1pm.  I finished around 3pm.  My wedding started at 4pm at the gazebo.  I had under an hour to get dressed, and didn't get anytime for pictures before the ceremony.  I was very happy with my hair and make-up too.  I didn't bring a picture of what I wanted and they still did a great job.  I had clip in hair extensions put in and my fake eyelashes looked real.  It was very windy and my half up hairstyle looked pretty messy by the time we were done with the ceremony and photos.  I would recommend getting the presidential suite.  It was unbelievable!!  It covered the entire end of the 6th floor, there were 6 rooms below our suite so that should tell you how large it is.  We had our cocktail reception right in the room because we had only 12 guests.  They even brought a blender up to make mixed drinks and had food set up on the large balcony.  There were several staff members up there serving everyone and making drinks.  I couldn't have asked for a better wedding.

pic3.jpg

I am trying to do the same as you! Please post pictures! I'd love to see how everything turned out! Congrats and welcome back!

September 1, 2012!!! Any other September brides??

Does anyone know about an equipment rental fee if you bring your own DJ? I have a friend that DJ's from NY that will be attending, but he obviously won't be traveling with his own setup...