Gran Caribe Real Brides 2012

@ scottandmel..thank you! We're getting married 7/27/13..what about you??

@ catish11...I emailed DJ Doremixx yesterday about DJ and lighting since he advertises that he does lighting. I'm just waiting to hear back from him! Did you book him?? I had also emailed 2 event planning companies Alquimia Events and EW Cancun. It looks like they both do beautiful work, I'm just not sure if I need to go as far as hiring an separate decor company.

Originally Posted by Alicia415 View Post

I believe the guests from the Gran Caribe will have to buy a day pass to stay at the Royal for the day, but I am not exactly sure of the pricing. I have heard that it is best to buy the day passes in advance of going though. I will likely have the same issue (with some guests staying at the Gran Caribe) so let me know how it woks out for you!

Is any using or has anyone used a separate decor company or event planning company to add lighting and additional decor besides flowers? I'm debating weather or not it is necessary to do this? My reception is going to be on the Albatros Terrace. Please let me know if anyone has!

This is the response from my wedding Co - ordinator regarding access to the Royal for Gran Caribe guests!! Hope you find it useful!

In regards to the access at THE ROYAL, the only way would be to upgrade to one of the suites with access to THE ROYAL (Master Suites or Presidential) or buy a day pass at THE ROYAL.  You can obtain the upgrade at the Front Desk (if available) with a probably better rate than if you ask for it in advance (they have daily promotions) and the day passes are the following fixed rates:

THE ROYAL CANCUN

Day Pass:

a.       From 9 a 5 pm $85 USD per person

b.      From 12 a 5:00 pm $65 USD per person

c.       From 9 am a 11:00 pm $ 145 USD per person

ALICIA, 

YES WE DID BOOK HIM :) WE KEEP HEARING SUCH GREAT THINGS BOUT DOREMIXX SO WE FIGURED LETS' JUST SPLURGE AND GO FOR IT. WHAT'S A WEDDING W/O A DJ ANYWAY RIGHT!? I DOUBT YOU WILL DEF NEED ANY DECOR COMPANY SEPERATE. JUST SPEAK TO HIM AND SEE IF HE COULD MEET UR NEEDS W/ THE DECOR. THE RESORT ALSO WILL DO ANYTHING YOU NEED; AT AN EXTRA COST OF COURSE!! 

Thanks for the review Jazzy! Looked like an amazing time. Can I ask, did they charge you for the decor setup?

And did you take pictures on the beach for your trash the dress? I'm wondering if they are going to say anything about charging my friend who is my photographer to pay a vendor fee if I do that.

Thanks! No there was not an extra charge for the decor set up. I'm guessing it's already included in our wedding package. Our trash the dress pictures were taken on a public beach, our photographer picked us up at the resort and dropped us off. I did not want to pay the vendor fee in order to take ttd pics at the resort. If your friend is staying at the resort I would just take the pics. I don't think it'll be an issue if he's a guest. Just don't tell anyone you're doing it! Plus after the wedding you will not see you're wedding coordinator at all!

• 2 months later...

Hello Brides!

I got married at the Royal Cancun & Gran Caribe Real last Saturday November 3rd. First of all I want to tell you that if you have any doubts about having a destination wedding, donâ€t! This is the way to go!

We had 60+ guests that came from everywhere (South America, USA, Canada, Spain and one of our friends even came from Australia). Most of our guests were in their early thirties but our parents and grandparents were also there, and there were 5 kids. We asked our guests to stay at one of the 2 Real Resorts in Cancun and they all ended up staying at the Gran Caribe, which was great because my husband and I were the only ones that stayed at the Royal. We spent most of our time at the Gran Caribe with our guests but also had some alone time at the Royal ;)

Diana Rodriguez was our wedding coordinator and she was the best!!! She was so friendly and helpful! She was great from the start, always patiently replying to my e-mails no matter how many questions I asked. We met her as soon as we got to the resort on Wednesday and we went through all the details (she already had everything written down) and then she gave us a tour. Diana was great and thanks to her everything went very smoothly on our special day! She took care of everything, talked to the photographer, DJ, made sure the guests were where they were supposed to be, etc. We also handed Diana the disposable cameras and table numbers that we wanted to have on the tables as well as the fans and flip flops that we wanted handed out after the ceremony, she took care of everything!

We got to Cancun on Wednesday and most of our guests got there on Thursday. We hanged out by the beach with them during the day and Thursday night we met at the Lobby Bar and Friday night we met at the Trade Winds Beach bar, it was great!

We chose the “Royal Catholic Wedding†package and added some extra hours to the reception since our guests came a long way to be with us on our special day.

Ceremony

We got married in the chapel at 4:00 pm. It is amazing!!! It looks even better in person. We had the violinist, very nice!

Cocktail hour

We had the cocktail hour at the beach. It was very nicely decorated and the food was great! We also had the mariachi trio, it was a very nice touch, everyone seemed to enjoy it.

Reception

I wasnâ€t sure about having the reception in a ballroom, I wanted to have the reception on the beach but that meant that the party had to finish at 10 pm (our party ended at 2 am). The ballroom looked beautiful! The lights that the DJ brought also helped to create a great atmosphere. The food was excellent and very well presented. Because the party lasted until 2 am we decided to have Mexican food at 1 am, it was delicious!

DJ

We hired DJ Mannia through the resort. They were great! Gisela from DJ Mannia e-mailed me a couple of weeks before the wedding. We sent them the songs that we wanted for the first dance, cake cutting, bouquet toss, etc. as well as some of the songs we wanted them to play throughout the night. They played all the songs requested and kept all of our guests dancing all night (even those that donâ€t normally dance)

Photographer

I think pictures are VERY important on your wedding day. Iâ€m so glad we hired Cesar Rioja as our photographer. Cesar works for Funnever, which we hired through the resort. Gloria from Funnever was very friendly and responded very promptly to all my e-mails prior to the wedding.

Cesar is an amazing photographer, and you can tell that he really enjoys his job! I havenâ€t received the pictures yet but he showed us a couple of pictures while he was taking them and they looked great. I canâ€t wait to see them all; itâ€s going to be very difficult to choose the best ones! Initially we had hired Cesar for 6 hours but after seeing how good he was we asked him to stay for 2 extra hours.

We also hired the videographer from Funnever for the ceremony. I canâ€t wait to see the video!

Hair & Make-up

All my bridesmaids had their hair done at the resortâ€s spa. The woman that did my hair and make there was great, I think her name was Erika. I was a little bit worried about not having a hair and makeup trial, but she did an amazing job! I brought pictures on my iPad and she did exactly what I asked for.

I have no complaints at all about our wedding day or our stay at the resort. Everything was perfect, my husband and I enjoyed our party and our guests had a great time. They kept saying this is the best wedding theyâ€ve been to and how they want to come back to Cancun with us on our anniversary LOL.

Good luck with your planning!

Hello Brides!

I got married at the Royal Cancun & Gran Caribe Real last Saturday November 3rd. First of all I want to tell you that if you have any doubts about having a destination wedding, donâ€t! This is the way to go!

We had 60+ guests that came from everywhere (South America, USA, Canada, Spain and one of our friends even came from Australia). Most of our guests were in their early thirties but our parents and grandparents were also there, and there were 5 kids. We asked our guests to stay at one of the 2 Real Resorts in Cancun and they all ended up staying at the Gran Caribe, which was great because my husband and I were the only ones that stayed at the Royal. We spent most of our time at the Gran Caribe with our guests but also had some alone time at the Royal ;)

Diana Rodriguez was our wedding coordinator and she was the best!!! She was so friendly and helpful! She was great from the start, always patiently replying to my e-mails no matter how many questions I asked. We met her as soon as we got to the resort on Wednesday and we went through all the details (she already had everything written down) and then she gave us a tour. Diana was great and thanks to her everything went very smoothly on our special day! She took care of everything, talked to the photographer, DJ, made sure the guests were where they were supposed to be, etc. We also handed Diana the disposable cameras and table numbers that we wanted to have on the tables as well as the fans and flip flops that we wanted handed out after the ceremony, she took care of everything!

We got to Cancun on Wednesday and most of our guests got there on Thursday. We hanged out by the beach with them during the day and Thursday night we met at the Lobby Bar and Friday night we met at the Trade Winds Beach bar, it was great!

We chose the “Royal Catholic Wedding†package and added some extra hours to the reception since our guests came a long way to be with us on our special day.

Ceremony

We got married in the chapel at 4:00 pm. It is amazing!!! It looks even better in person. We had the violinist, very nice!

Cocktail hour

We had the cocktail hour at the beach. It was very nicely decorated and the food was great! We also had the mariachi trio, it was a very nice touch, everyone seemed to enjoy it.

Reception

I wasnâ€t sure about having the reception in a ballroom, I wanted to have the reception on the beach but that meant that the party had to finish at 10 pm (our party ended at 2 am). The ballroom looked beautiful! The lights that the DJ brought also helped to create a great atmosphere. The food was excellent and very well presented. Because the party lasted until 2 am we decided to have Mexican food at 1 am, it was delicious!

DJ

We hired DJ Mannia through the resort. They were great! Gisela from DJ Mannia e-mailed me a couple of weeks before the wedding. We sent them the songs that we wanted for the first dance, cake cutting, bouquet toss, etc. as well as some of the songs we wanted them to play throughout the night. They played all the songs requested and kept all of our guests dancing all night (even those that donâ€t normally dance)

Photographer

I think pictures are VERY important on your wedding day. Iâ€m so glad we hired Cesar Rioja as our photographer. Cesar works for Funnever, which we hired through the resort. Gloria from Funnever was very friendly and responded very promptly to all my e-mails prior to the wedding.

Cesar is an amazing photographer, and you can tell that he really enjoys his job! I havenâ€t received the pictures yet but he showed us a couple of pictures while he was taking them and they looked great. I canâ€t wait to see them all; itâ€s going to be very difficult to choose the best ones! Initially we had hired Cesar for 6 hours but after seeing how good he was we asked him to stay for 2 extra hours.

We also hired the videographer from Funnever for the ceremony. I canâ€t wait to see the video!

Hair & Make-up

All my bridesmaids had their hair done at the resortâ€s spa. The woman that did my hair and make there was great, I think her name was Erika. I was a little bit worried about not having a hair and makeup trial, but she did an amazing job! I brought pictures on my iPad and she did exactly what I asked for.

I have no complaints at all about our wedding day or our stay at the resort. Everything was perfect, my husband and I enjoyed our party and our guests had a great time. They kept saying this is the best wedding theyâ€ve been to and how they want to come back to Cancun with us on our anniversary LOL.

Good luck with your planning!