Photo

Any Scuba Diving Enthusiasts?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 JanineA

JanineA
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 03:17 PM

Krys, sounds cool I will talk to hubby about it. I am more enthusiastic than him when it comes to scuba. I'm pretty open on Sunday except for my shoot with Ileana at 3pm. 

Pineapplebride that so sounds like me, I am already so psyched about scuba I can't wait to really experience other waters. I can definitely see myself basing our vacations on good scuba destinations....lol!

#12 Canadiansandy

Canadiansandy
    • 355 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:45 AM

Great thread!! There don't seem to be too many contributors, which I find surprising. FI and I are new to scuba, we were certified almost 1 year ago - we did our class and pool here in Calgary. Since neither of us have any desire to do cold water diving :) we went to Hawaii for a vacation and to complete our open water dives! We did all of our diving in Maui and it was amaaaazing!! Visibility was incredible - we did one dive (after we were certified) that was 100 ft (eek!) and when we jumped in, we could see all the way to the bottom! The fish, sea turtles, eels, reef sharks, etc were so cool. I'm hooked, I can't wait to dive more! I wish we were going somewhere great for diving for our wedding/honeymoon, but we've chosen the DR for many other reasons. I really want to go to Belize for a dive trip! My parents (also divers) go to Ambergis Caye every year and love it, they rave about the diving down there.

Sandy & Aaron ~ May 4, 2011 ~ Dreams Palm Beach, Punta Cana ------ Bride & Groom + 30 booked! (and counting)

#13 JanineA

JanineA
      • 2,482 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:55 AM

I'm glad I'm starting to see more and more diving enthusiasts. I have to put Ambergis Cay on my bucket list!!!

#14 pineapplebride

pineapplebride
        • 232 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:46 PM

When I was diving in Belize I stayed at Caye Caulker, the island next to Caye Ambergris. Caye Ambergris is very touristy and busy, kind of like a mini miami. Caye Caulker is much smaller, quieter and laid back...sand roads, no cars, very relaxing! Both islands go to the same dive sites as they are so close together. I definitely recommend a trip to Lighthouse Reef, beautiful dives and the Blue Hole is there. Turneffe Reef was a close second too...

I'm leaving for Australia tomorrow... and I'll be diving the GBR this time next week!!  :) so excited!

Originally Posted by JanineA 

I'm glad I'm starting to see more and more diving enthusiasts. I have to put Ambergis Cay on my bucket list!!!

Heather & Max - Dreams Tulum - May 10, 2011!

Fuschia and Orange Bouquet and Bout for sale: http://www.bestdesti...t-bout-for-sale

#15 Sdofka309

Sdofka309
          • Banned
          • 151 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:07 PM

Iam getting married in turks and Caicos .. And I ve heard good things about the diving can't wait

#16 jburress21

jburress21
            • 187 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:29 AM

Huge fan of diving! Love love love

#17 jburress21

jburress21
              • 187 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:29 AM

Huge fan of diving! Love love love

#18 gresley

gresley
                • 164 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:38 PM

My FH and I got PADI certified last summer! We did it in Monterey, CA, though. Fun, but it's WAY TOO COLD to do regularly. Hoping to do some diving in warmer climates during the summer :)

#19 jburress21

jburress21
                  • 187 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

[quote name="gresley" url="/t/64325/any-scuba-diving-enthusiasts/10#post_1901475"]My FH and I got PADI certified last summer! We did it in Monterey, CA, though. Fun, but it's WAY TOO COLD to do regularly. Hoping to do some diving in warmer climates during the summer :) [/quote My fiancĀ© and I got certified in a lake several years ago as a birthday present for him and I hated it. However after my first time diving in the clear ocean water I fell in love and can now say it should have been my birthday present. :D lol

#20 JanetandDan2014

JanetandDan2014
                    • 160 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:59 PM

Never tried diving but would love to!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users