wedding website might not be worth the money...

Our went up a lot once we got closer to our AHR date. Yours looks great! I have looked at some and it seems like they put them up and forget about them. WE used oneandone.com to make ours and you have more freedom to so stuff. My FI already had a website through them so it was like $6 a month.

I say keep up the good work and they will come.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VIP Member

Well, I don't have a wedding website, but I checked yours out! it's really well done!

I'm sure more people will visit it when it gets closer to your wedding. Don't worry.

We have a site. I spent so many hours on it, I can't talk about it. lol But we did a free one. I did not want to spend the money on it cause I was not sure how many people would use it. Well, I set up the RSVP for 130 people, sent them all their codes to RSVP, and only 4 people have. lol Most people say the letter with the code was not with them when they RSVP'd and a lot assume they don't have to cause if they book they are coming, if they don't they are not. So, that was a bit of a waste of time. But, I still like having it and for those people who do look at it, its a lot of help.

I did the same type of website you did (from Wedding Window). I did have people give an initial RSVP on the website after we sent the save the dates, just so we had a gage of how many people might come. Also, whenever people ask me questions or need info about the wedding, I tell them that it is posted on our website and to check it out. This is mostly because I think it is easier than writing down information everytime someone asks, but also gets people to the website. It was designed to be useful, so they should use it!

Oh, also, I forgot to mention, that it was actually come in handy with some of the vendors I am working with. Since we can't meet them in person, it's nice for them to be able to get to know us a little from our stories and info on the website.

And I agree with everyone else...the closer it gets, the more people will use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinabop View Post
I did the same type of website you did (from Wedding Window). I did have people give an initial RSVP on the website after we sent the save the dates, just so we had a gage of how many people might come. Also, whenever people ask me questions or need info about the wedding, I tell them that it is posted on our website and to check it out. This is mostly because I think it is easier than writing down information everytime someone asks, but also gets people to the website. It was designed to be useful, so they should use it!
Ditto. I put a lot of effort into putting all the info on the website for ease of use for everyone so whenever people ask about hotels or excursions I say they are all listed on the website. Way easier than trying to search through all my crap AGAIN to figure it all out.

I don't know if I have had a lot of use from my website though. I have 62 hits...but was it counting every time I went to check out how cute it was in the beginning? lol probably a skewed count. Not sure if it was worth it....right now, I'm thinking not so much. Oh well....

well now we have visitors!! hhahaha rolleyes.gif

also, thanks for the guest book comments girls! i deleted the BDW part... don't want anyone to stumble upon my favorite little secret rolleyes.gif especially my FMIL... if you know what i mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie 525 View Post
Oh I forgot to mention that I have the url attached in my emails so every email I send out has the site on the bottom so no one can say they forgot about it.
Yep, I do the same thing! Makes a big difference, I think!