Gran Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Brides?

Originally Posted by FutureMrsVeras View Post

i haven't had any luck either coming from new york city, the best they can offer so far is going up to Canada and flying back down a 18hr trip.(which is totally CRAZYY!! )

i am originally from the Dominican Republic and  what im opting for is flying to either the Santo Domingo (SDQ) or La Romana (LRM) and getting shuttle service for my guests to Samana  its about 1hr and 20 min drive,you can talk to the resort or your travel agent and see what they might have to offer i know hotels usually offer shuttles to and from the airport for about $25 per passenger RT.

im going to look in to private buses since my party is of 30 or so guest it might be cheaper will keep you posted if you'd like.

Another good idea!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i haven't had any luck either coming from new york city, the best they can offer so far is going up to Canada and flying back down a 18hr trip.(which is totally CRAZYY!! )

i am originally from the Dominican Republic and  what im opting for is flying to either the Santo Domingo (SDQ) or La Romana (LRM) and getting shuttle service for my guests to Samana  its about 1hr and 20 min drive,you can talk to the resort or your travel agent and see what they might have to offer i know hotels usually offer shuttles to and from the airport for about $25 per passenger RT.
 im going to look in to private buses since my party is of 30 or so guest it might be cheaper will keep you posted if you'd like.

Please keep me posted!  I love this resort but right now it seems too impractical for my wedding guests.  May be a great spot for a honeymoon though woot.gif

Originally Posted by FutureMrsVeras View Post

I am starting to get a little frustrated.

We were able to put deposits on booking for the week we want with Air Canada, but now I am trying to secure the DATE I want with the resort. And, of course, I am not hearing anything back.

I know they get busy, and I know I shouldn't be impatient. I just really want to get the exact date figured out so I can book the photographer. After that, I am okay.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Hello brides :)

I see a few of you are looking to get married in 2013. I am looking at picking a date between January and March 2013 sometime. I am still narrowing down resorts, but this is a top pick. Being from British Columbia I am also concerned about the lay over in Toronto. I am also concerned about the cost...but the wedding package seems reasonable compared to other resorts I have looked into. I love hearing everyone's discussion. Keep it coming.

Maisie

Hi Peach,

Yes it takes her a while to respond back! In every review i've read everyone has had the same experience so i didn't worry about it. What i did was wait for her to confirm the date before i booked anything with Air Canada. I've heard some people who were in a rush actually called the hotel and asked for the wedding coordinator and that seemed to work.

Originally Posted by Peach View Post

I am starting to get a little frustrated.

We were able to put deposits on booking for the week we want with Air Canada, but now I am trying to secure the DATE I want with the resort. And, of course, I am not hearing anything back.

I know they get busy, and I know I shouldn't be impatient. I just really want to get the exact date figured out so I can book the photographer. After that, I am okay.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Does anyone have any information packages provide by the resort that they would be willing to pass on? They do not appear to be as transparent regarding added costs as some other resorts. I would like to get an idea of what some of the extra's cost :)

Originally Posted by StephG2013 View Post

Hi Peach,

Yes it takes her a while to respond back! In every review i've read everyone has had the same experience so i didn't worry about it. What i did was wait for her to confirm the date before i booked anything with Air Canada. I've heard some people who were in a rush actually called the hotel and asked for the wedding coordinator and that seemed to work.

I might. I actually heard back last week, a very nice email, saying the resort was available that day! Yay! And then information about the cost of a minister for a symbolic ceremony, a catholic priest, or a legal ceremony. Nothing about the packages, though I have the old ones from before if you want them, MaisieGirl.

I emailed back to say we want a symbolic ceremony, on that date... now I guess I just wait again to hear if it is confirmed? I am not really sure of the process here...

I hear this all the time, and have seen lots of brides comment on it. It is just a different place and culture, and they are busy.... it can be very frustrating though. You will probably hear back soon. Responses to me are averaging 2-4 weeks I think.