Sign in to follow this  

Question for you girls-

I am having my wedding in May 08, sending out STD's in Sept, and probably the official invite in January or Feb. Do you put an RSVP on STD's? If so, do you word it just like you would on an invite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlymcmullen View Post
So you won't be sending something later? See, I can't do that jsut yet, but we haven't planned the AHR yet, so we will def need to send something once that is all planned. I just don't want to be obnoxious, but I really need to know! If we went by peeps that said they are coming, we have like 60+ people, but only < 20 booked so far.

If you are sending your invite now, will you be sending anything else later?
we are sending an invite for the AHR later; much later! I actually don't even know when yet! Probably after we get back from Jamaica (AHR will be in July-ish; so 3 months after we get back)

we sent some reminder e-mails to the majority of our guests..with our website links and all the info all over again. It saved us on postage and such...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chprfan View Post
Why dont you send some type of postcard with a picture of the location where you are getting married as a "reminder" for them to book their stay. That might motivate them to call your TA and start the process.
That's totally what we did. We made a collage of different shots of PV on the front, and a reminder to get their butts in gear on the back. It didn't work for everyone but it did get the ball rolling for some people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpluse View Post
Question for you girls-
I am having my wedding in May 08, sending out STD's in Sept, and probably the official invite in January or Feb. Do you put an RSVP on STD's? If so, do you word it just like you would on an invite?
With our magnet STDs we sent a letter explaining the events and directing them to our website to rsvp. We did say formal invites would come later but that since our wedding was in Mexico we needed to get a head count for our WC far in advance. We sent those in September and reminder postcards in November saying they had to rsvp by December. It worked pretty well. In April we sent the official invites for the June wedding to people who rsvp'd on the website. It saved money on invites too!

So I was all set to order postcards from Vista Print yesterday when my sister and my mom talked me out of it. Well not fully, but gave me a reason to hold off on ordering just yet. They said it isn't up to me when people book, what if they are just waiting for a deal to get a good price? They thought it would seem pushy. I don't want to seem pushy, I just want to know how to plan! How many people end up coming depend on how many upgrades we can do! So frustrating.

So as a compromise, I was thinking I could send the official invites in Jan-Feb instead of March with an offical rsvp (I wasn't going to do that before, cuz I figured my TA would give me the final count, but now I am finding people want to use their own TA's, which is fine.) This is driving me crazy. Cuz what if someone genuinely forgot? That doesn't give them much time to factor in the money.

Ya know what, I am going down the shore this weekend and I am NOT going to worry about wedding stuff at least until Monday. (We'll see about that, but I'm gonna try!)