Jump to content

Photo

Canadian Girls - OOT Bags


  • Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#11 MrsV-to-be

MrsV-to-be
  • Member
  • 554 posts

    Posted 16 August 2007 - 04:04 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Julesr
    I have tried Micheals and they only sell them in singles and they are like $5 each. That is way to much. I will just have to keep looking. I am gonna ask my mom if she will make them and see if that is possible. She will make them, I am just worried about the material costing a fortune as well. lol Why do some things have to be so hard for us Canadian DW girls.
    You know - when my mom mentioned that she wanted to do this, I was really worried about material cost as well.
    But on the first day my mom went shopping, she found our exact color in some nice material, and she got enough to make 60 bags and it only cost $69!! She still has to buy thread - but I would have to say that is pretty darn good so I recommend to just go and look - I'm sure you will find something well within your budget.

    #12 JulieG

    JulieG
    • VIP Member
    • 8,323 posts

      Posted 16 August 2007 - 04:06 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by MrsV-to-be
      You know - when my mom mentioned that she wanted to do this, I was really worried about material cost as well.
      But on the first day my mom went shopping, she found our exact color in some nice material, and she got enough to make 60 bags and it only cost $69!! She still has to buy thread - but I would have to say that is pretty darn good so I recommend to just go and look - I'm sure you will find something well within your budget.
      I will check Fabricland and Wal-mart, any other places we should look? I have never shopped for fabric before, so this is new to me. lol

      #13 JulieG

      JulieG
      • VIP Member
      • 8,323 posts

        Posted 16 August 2007 - 04:06 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Stephanie 525
        I imagine you could find some fabric for a pretty cheap price. I hope, anyway!
        Good luck! Sorry I couldn't find anything.
        Its not your fault, thank you sooooo much for looking for me. I was beginning to think it was just me.

        #14 StephanieMN

        StephanieMN
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,798 posts

          Posted 16 August 2007 - 04:07 PM

          I think you will be surprised at how cheap fabirc can be. The stuff you will need shouldn't be that expensive. a few dollars a yard here in MN.

          #15 JulieG

          JulieG
          • VIP Member
          • 8,323 posts

            Posted 16 August 2007 - 04:09 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Stephanie 525
            I think you will be surprised at how cheap fabirc can be. The stuff you will need shouldn't be that expensive. a few dollars a yard here in MN.
            I hope you guys are right. I am also not picky really, they don't have to all be the same or anything like that, I think that will make it easier. I actually think it would be nice for them to be different. So, I will check the sale bin first and see what I can find.

            #16 CourtneyV

            CourtneyV
            • Sr. Member
            • 4,979 posts

              Posted 16 August 2007 - 09:04 PM

              Does Oriental Trading Co. ship to Canada?? I have a stinkload of selections from there, and bags are one of them - I was going to order everything at once to hopefully save on shipping costs, but it occurred to me the other day that they might not even ship to Canada.

              ....I guess I could take the less lazy road and go to the website and check for myself. It probably would have taken the same amount of time as posting this! lol. Anyways, if anyone knows, that'd be nice.. otherwise I'd have to, you know... work or something. :P
              Happily Married since May 9, 2008
              Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

              #17 JulieG

              JulieG
              • VIP Member
              • 8,323 posts

                Posted 16 August 2007 - 10:08 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by CourtneyV
                Does Oriental Trading Co. ship to Canada?? I have a stinkload of selections from there, and bags are one of them - I was going to order everything at once to hopefully save on shipping costs, but it occurred to me the other day that they might not even ship to Canada.

                ....I guess I could take the less lazy road and go to the website and check for myself. It probably would have taken the same amount of time as posting this! lol. Anyways, if anyone knows, that'd be nice.. otherwise I'd have to, you know... work or something. :P
                I am pretty sure they do deliver to us, I looked into it. I did not look into the price, that is hurdle number 2, so you might want to do that.

                #18 MrsV-to-be

                MrsV-to-be
                • Member
                • 554 posts

                  Posted 17 August 2007 - 03:38 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Julesr
                  I am pretty sure they do deliver to us, I looked into it. I did not look into the price, that is hurdle number 2, so you might want to do that.
                  They do ship to Canada, because I just ordered my fans from them!

                  Also - since I've never really been fabric shopping before, I can't give you any more advice, other than check under the yellowpages for fabric - you might come up with a list of stores.

                  Good Luck!

                  #19 JulieG

                  JulieG
                  • VIP Member
                  • 8,323 posts

                    Posted 17 August 2007 - 04:04 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by MrsV-to-be
                    They do ship to Canada, because I just ordered my fans from them!

                    Also - since I've never really been fabric shopping before, I can't give you any more advice, other than check under the yellowpages for fabric - you might come up with a list of stores.

                    Good Luck!
                    What was the delivery charge like from OTC?

                    #20 MrsV-to-be

                    MrsV-to-be
                    • Member
                    • 554 posts

                      Posted 17 August 2007 - 04:39 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Julesr
                      What was the delivery charge like from OTC?
                      actually it wasn't too bad. I ordered 72 fans which totalled $55 approx. and the shipping was 17.38. Of course this doesn't include duty/taxes - but in total, I think I will probably end up paying $100 for 72 fans - I don't think that is too bad!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users