Photo

Opinions needed! Riviera Maya Wedding - what's better, June/July or early October?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#11 1106wedding

1106wedding
  • 317 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:22 AM

UPDATE: We're looking at October 22 or 23 now. We could honeymoon at our friend's wedding (the 29th) and overlapping guests would just need to take a week off for both weddings! It's not ideal but it could work... It makes me feel a little more comfortable doing it near the end of the month rather than beginning. The rates are better in October than in December also...I'm still welcoming feedback as it's not booked YET. Thanks everyone for your input!

Jessie & Chris 10/22/2011 *51 booked and final*

#12 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:31 AM

i tell people this all the time but i think may is the best time weather-wise and rate wise.  april rates tend to be high.  you can do june if it is early june...after that it will get muggy.  i personally would avoid getting married in RM august-october.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#13 DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl
    • 710 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 06:55 PM

I'm getting married Oct 8,2011. It's pretty much the tail end of hurricane season, so chances are pretty slim. As everyone else has mentioned.... The weather is unpredictable. I've been to the carribean in June/July and it's unbearably hot!! October is hot, not as hot as june/july. Hurricane season is at it's highest in august and september. I'd say do what your heart desires and just go with it. It will still be a very special day, regardless of the weather. Good luck and happy planning :)

#14 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
      • Vendor
      • 1,243 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Tammy Host 

i personally would avoid getting married in RM august-october.

WORD!

I know I've been to more june / july / august  weddings in the RM than ALL of you crazy cats... by far, weddings in June, July and August are the hottest and toughest to push through.  From a working standpoint, its crazy crazy hot.  If it weren't for the breeze we wouldnt make it.

Seriously, do you know what 90 degrees plus near 100% humidity feel like?    its insane.     What blows me away is when we show up to a wedding and they guys are wearing coats... ReALLY?  

If you must plan in July or August, make sure your start your ceremony after 6pm...these months have the longest days, plenty of sunlight.   

Another thing to avoid... resorts that force you to have a mid day ceremony on the beach.  If this is a must, be sure they have a ambulance on standby for guests with heat stroke... also, plenty of fans, umbrellas, or some shading device :)

good luck :)
        mateo

#15 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
        • Vendor
        • 1,243 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by DiamondGirl 

I'm getting married Oct 8,2011. It's pretty much the tail end of hurricane season, so chances are pretty slim. As everyone else has mentioned.... The weather is unpredictable. I've been to the carribean in June/July and it's unbearably hot!! October is hot, not as hot as june/july. Hurricane season is at it's highest in august and september. I'd say do what your heart desires and just go with it. It will still be a very special day, regardless of the weather. Good luck and happy planning :)

Senorita Diamondgirl,   Hurricane season is FULL ON in October...

May I remind you that one of cancun's worst hurricanes in recorded history was slidjeshow001.jpg

Don't be blinded by the light here... I'm all for being positive and wishful thinking... but once you live the truth....

#16 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
          • 3,074 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 07:43 AM

Im with DiamondGirl on this one... "It will still be a very special day, regardless of the weather. Good luck and happy planning :)"

You control the things you can control... and let the rest take care of itself!

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#17 skadow

skadow
            • Banned
            • 1,853 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 07:50 AM

Dam Matt and Sol! You to are dedicated....A Hurricane Doesn't stop you guys from shooting! I love it!!!! Thats so kick ass. I am so impress Sol Even left a day early! You too better not blow away, we need you around.

#18 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
              • Vendor
              • 1,243 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 08:05 AM

I'm not trying to throw fear factor... I'm honestly preaching reality here... This climate zone is friggen unpredictable but its always nice to hope for the best!

Quote:

Originally Posted by skadow 

Dam Matt and Sol! You to are dedicated....A Hurricane Doesn't stop you guys from shooting! I love it!!!! Thats so kick ass. I am so impress Sol Even left a day early! You too better not blow away, we need you around.

amen sister...we get down to business when there is an amazing story to tell, rain or shine.

this hurricane story from August 2007  demonstrates the most ultimate commitment to telling a wedding day story.... hopefully a once in a lifetime experience!  It was scary, fun and exciting....

http://www.mattadcoc...y=08&category=5

Story covered here by the Wedding Photojournalism Association: http://www.wedpix.co...on-wedding.html

cheers!
                mateo

#19 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
                • 3,074 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 08:17 AM

See... it does pay to have a wedding during a hurricane! Bad weather can bring out the best pictures!!!

We took these last year when hurricane (Alex I think) missed us here in the Mayan Riviera... but stirred up some fantastic skies and once in a lifetime pictures! We loved it... and so did Nicole and Kurt who are also BDW members!

IMG0235.jpg

IMG0614.jpg

IMG0438.jpg

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                      100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#20 skadow

skadow
                  • Banned
                  • 1,853 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Moments That Matter 

See... it does pay to have a wedding during a hurricane! Bad weather can bring out the best pictures!!!

We took these last year when hurricane (Alex I think) missed us here in the Mayan Riviera... but stirred up some fantastic skies and once in a lifetime pictures! We loved it... and so did Nicole and Kurt who are also BDW members!

I don't know. I think I am with the Expert Matt on this one. I would feel really bad if one of my guests flew away or got hit by a falling Palm Tree.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users