Photo

Anyone not doing a private reception?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 cgeris

cgeris
  • 159 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:30 PM

Hi! We are not doing a private reception...just telling the group to meet at one of the hotel bars after the ceremony (while we take pictures) and then using the dinner reservation that is included in the complimentary package.  Our ceremony is at 2pm and dinner isn't until 6:30....any suggestions on what to do in between? I'm debating whether to tell the group they can leave the impromptu "cocktail hour" at the bar whenever they want and just meet for dinner at 6:30.  or should they stay the whole time?

#12 schmizer

schmizer
    • 213 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:15 AM

We are doing a private table at a public luau instead of a traditional reception.  I think we will end up going out after and maybe at one of our friends rooms or on the beach after that!

#13 shan0487

shan0487
      • 1,393 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
      • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:16 AM

I haven't booked my hotel yet either, so I have not decided.  I feel it is just fine not to have a prive reception.  It just costs way tooo much!

#14 sharlie

sharlie
      • 261 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:40 PM

we are doing the private one either.. they charge to much! thanks for the ideas to make it more private

Negril, Jamaica
        6/29/11
        24 booked =)
        Can't wait til the big day!

#15 mizzrojo

mizzrojo
        • 27 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:42 PM

Hi All,

Thanks for all the suggestions! We were going back and forth between doing a prive reception or not.  The resort wants $2000 just for a private reception and additional $20 per person that is not staying at the resort.  Crazy amounts of money just for something that is all-inclusive anyway!  We are still thinking about it because we will have the flower girl and jr. bridesmaid on an all aldult resort, so the only way they would be able to enjoy the rest of the wedding is through a private reception...

June 18th, 2011

Iberostar Grand - Montego Bay

#16 bethan

bethan
          • 4 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:45 PM

We're getting married in Italy and our plan is to treat our guests to a meal in a local smallish restaurant.  Much cheaper and a much less formal approach we think!

#17 Beth O

Beth O
            • 34 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 03:20 PM

We are doing semi private dinner then a cocktail time for 2 hrs afterwards which you can have music $5 per person. Works for us!

#18 tammy 2012

tammy 2012
              • 13 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 03:27 PM

jh

#19 JayKay

JayKay
                • 3,472 posts
                • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
                • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:39 PM

We aren't doing a private reception.  At the resort we chose it costs a fair bit of money to have a private reception.  We felt that the money could be better spent elsewhere.  We will have our dinner then probably just hang out until the disco opens and continue things there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users