Do i have guest RSVP for an AHR?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 sm8022

sm8022
  • Banned
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 11:53 AM

Our at home reception is going to be very casual at our home, we have a huge pool and thought sinces its going to be in the middle of summer our guest can just bring thier swim suits and relax.  However, i would like to know how many people would be coming to know how much food, drinks, tables, chairs, etc to have.  Do you usually have them RSVP for an at home reception?  If so would i have to make different invitaions for that or have that info somewhere on our invitaions and have them RSVP then?

#2 MysTea

MysTea
    • 559 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 12:16 PM

I think its always good to get a head count for any event you may plan, just so you have a general idea of who's coming... You want to make sure you can accomodate all of the guests. Maybe since its like a casual get together/pool party type thing....You can send out a Evite? What can be more casual than that? or you can make a fun and INEXPENISIVE invitation ( not sure how crafty you are). I think it should be seperate from the Wedding invites...

**Dreams Palm Beach HERE WE COME!!! 11.01.2010**

#3 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
      • 2,233 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:53 AM

I sent out STD for the wedding and just casually mentioned about the AHR for those that could not attend. I plan on sending out a different invite for the AHR and are asking they phone me with their RSVP.  I will be making my AHR invites thru Vista Print, so I would be only paying for the shipping!

July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#4 mistibuard

mistibuard
        • 444 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:22 PM

Sm8022,

I agree with MysTea, you definitely need some type of head count. Do you have a wedding website? They can RSVP there for the AHR as well. Evite sounds good too!

**Beaches Turks & Caicos- March 12, 2011**

#5 L&J

L&J
          • 153 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 06:24 AM

I sent out email invites to our AHR and asked people to email or call to RSVP.   Worked well for us!

Tensing Pen, Negril Jamaica, November 13th, 2010

#6 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
            • Banned
            • 630 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:37 AM

My plan is to order postcards (pre-printed with my address) and envelopes from Vistaprint where the back has a place to enter RSVP info.  So I would mail the postcard in the envelope and have postage on the postcard already. (Postcards will be free from Vistaprint with $4.99 for white envelopes but will have to pay S/H, postcard postage is $0.28 and the envelope mailing will be $0.44 = so ~$0.80-$1.00 per household)

#7 sxcT

sxcT
              • 1,282 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:19 AM

I plan on doing the same thing.  I love Vistaprint!!!

Originally Posted by clgriffi7 

My plan is to order postcards (pre-printed with my address) and envelopes from Vistaprint where the back has a place to enter RSVP info.  So I would mail the postcard in the envelope and have postage on the postcard already. (Postcards will be free from Vistaprint with $4.99 for white envelopes but will have to pay S/H, postcard postage is $0.28 and the envelope mailing will be $0.44 = so ~$0.80-$1.00 per household)

#8 Amiep603

Amiep603
                • 184 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:13 AM

deff rsvp so you have a head count you dont want to run out of food

#9 Tessab123

Tessab123
                  • 46 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:41 PM

Im def doing an rsvp for mine... i already sent out save the dates and mentioned the ahr, i was thinkning when i send out the formal invitation to get guests to specify if they are attending to the dw, the ahr, or neither... get them to check which on they are attending too? do you think that is ok

22 and counting + bride and groom! ROR JAMAICA MAY 25, 2011

#10 sm8022

sm8022
                    • Banned
                    • 22 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:58 PM

Thats exactly what i was planning on doing, having them RSVP for both at one time! That works better or me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users