Sign in to follow this  
kcho2307

help please :)

I think there will be 60-80 guests. We are opting to stay in the Playa region, then transport people to Tulum for the wedding. Some of us will go a week prior to the event and hang out in Tulum for a few days and relax.  It's difficult to have everyone stay there, b/c there are several guests who will not be ok with the lack of A/C.  

Sorry - I missed your post.

60-80 people in one place is a little hard to do in Tulum.  Especially with A/C.  However, if you are looking for a place to stay the week before with your smaller group that may be easier.  If you have 12 people I would recommend El Pez.  If you are thinking a house rental would work for you I would look at Rancho San Eric.  La Luna offers a great value and Playa Azul just had a great restauarant open.  It's hard to make a recommendation without knowing the specifics.  You really can't go wrong with anywhere in Tulum.

Oh - and for in Playa I would recommend Mesquito Blue - but not their beach location.  I like their location off 5th a lot more.  It's just prettier and more intimate.  You still have access to their beach though, so you get the best of both worlds.  If you want something really intimate I would recommend Tides or La Reve, depending on your budget.  They are next door to each other so they share the same beach.

It sounds like your wedding must have taken place last Spring.  If you have time would you be able to post a review?  I just got engaged and am also considering Ak'iin and Ana y Jose (also Cabanas Tulum, El Pez, and la Zebra).

Thanks!

Kate